Soundation Studio - create music online free

Phait

• Members

Yeah another one

http://www.soundation.com/studio

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/05/20/soundation-studio-create-music-free-online/

With all of the Flash-bashing going on lately, it is easy to forget what a powerful platform it is. It's a good thing that Web tools like Soundation Studio serve as handy reminders, showing us that some very cool stuff can be created with Flash.

Soundation Studio is an incredibly full-featured, desktop-like sound editor. It has a built-in library with hundreds of sound samples that are sorted by BPM. The samples are predominantly electronica-style stuff, but you can buy more samples from the online store. Still, if you want to compose a nice piece of electronic music, the included samples seem to be more than enough.

Despite having no musical inclination whatsoever, I was so impressed with Soundation Studio that I felt compelled to stay for a few minutes, play around with the UI, and even try to compose my own trance beat (which I will not subject you to). After the fold, you can see some of the highlights.

• Members

It's also cool to think that we've gotten to where Internet latency/modem speed etc., are no longer obstacles to doing realtime onine music stuff.

It was only 2002 or 2003 when online streaming video, f'rinstance, was still extremely jerky, slow and clumsy.

• Members

Phil Okife had made a post of online web based recorders. Theres another one out there that looked cool, but I've never messed with it before.

I dont see why software manufactures dont take advantage of the market more. They could rent high end plugs for a minimal charge of say a buck or two and someone who wants to process a track or song through the plugin can do so online. You could have a web based interface, upload the track, have a web page that has the effects controlls so you can hear the adjustments via streaming media. Then when you decide on the correct settings, render the file with the plugin, and pay your fee then download the completed file and import it back into your mix.

This would allow manufacturers to showcase what their best stuff can do. They could also have the charges for the plugin to go against a reduction in cost for buying the plugin, or applying that credit to a package of plugs.

I see this being a win win situation for everyone. The manufacturers have a steady income stream, the user has a payment plan set up to buy their favorite plugins, and they also get to see how their mixes will sound with the best stuff out there.

It needent be limited to software only. I suppose you could do the same for hardware based equipment for sound processing. It just wouldnt be easy to setup the motorized interface for tweaking knobs, but it could definately be done.

• Members

"...I dont see why software manufactures dont

take advantage of the market more.

They could rent high end plugs for a minimal charge of say a buck or two and

someone who wants to process a track or song through the plugin can do so

online..."

Lack of enough speed and bandwidth may still be a problem, to do it via streaming ,

in many parts of the world.

In audiotool the main program and any devices used are downloaded as

they are needed and the processing takes place on the user's PC ...

there is no streaming involved.

Not totally certain but I suspect Soundstation Studio works similarly.

For example, audiotool takes just on a minute to load down here in oz and

even loading an instrument, like one of the drum machines can take a good

20 seconds or so. Nowhere near as fast as I see them loading on the audiotool

YouTube tutorials.

But once things are downloaded they work seamlessly, just as if I'd run the app

from my own hard drive.

We may have to wait until 100MB/s or more is the norm for broadband

connections before streaming is a real option for these types of programs.

But it's definitely headed that way for sure.

Archived