What makes a strat "Super"?

jelloman

• Members
He's not gay. And 99.9% of the people who play superstrats aren't.

I'll tell you what, Valerie Bertinelli in her prime...jesus. Hell she's even looking quite nice on those JC commercials. :thu:

That man is definitely not gay.

• Members
I'll tell you what, Valerie Bertinelli in her prime...jesus. Hell she's even looking quite nice on those JC commercials.
:thu:

That man is definitely not gay.

he was dressed up as a gay guy, though, and that's the imagery I associate with superstrats. and for the record I'm not anti-gay in the least... just in case in my rabble rousing anyone thought otherwise

• Members

he was dressed up as a gay guy, though, and that's the imagery I associate with superstrats. and for the record I'm not anti-gay in the least... just in case in my rabble rousing anyone thought otherwise

He was dressed as a gay guy, by today's standards, by the 80's standards he wasnt gay.

• Members

When I think Super Strat, I'm thinking about Wayne Charvel's work in the late 70's and early 80's. Too me a Super Strat was nothing more than a single humbucker bridge, volume knob, OFR, Dunlop 6100 frets, and a flat fretboard radius. No pointy stuff (yet), just hot-rodded Stratocasters.

The next evolution was the Baretta's, Sololists', RG's, etc...

1.jpg

• Members
When I think Super Strat, I'm thinking about Wayne Charvel's work in the late 70's and early 80's. Too me a Super Strat was nothing more than a single humbucker bridge, volume knob, OFR, Dunlop 6100 frets, and a flat fretboard radius. No pointy stuff (yet), just hot-rodded Stratocasters.

1.jpg

You know... I think this sums it up...

Yep... Definitely sums it up

• Members

Exactly.....they were suped up Strats. RG's, Dinky's, etc are a different genre....

Archived