Which BG pups on sale should I get?

coolcat2

• Members

So I am a sucker for trying out different types of pickups. I have read everybody on here rave about the BG pups so I want to give them a try. He has some strat sets on sale and some tele pickups http://www.norcalguitars.com/sale.html. I play mostly blues and classic/hard rock. I have one tele and it is a Fender American Series with the original pickups. Would any of his tele pickups be a significant upgrade from the stock pups and what would you recommend?

I have 4 strat type guitars. My G&L Legacy has Kinman Blues set which is staying put. I have a Fender Clapton Strat that had the Lace pups but I just changed them out with a set of Custom Wound Vintage pups from MojoMusicalSupply I got on sale last year and it sounds good as well. I have a Peavey Reactor USA guitar that I modded to a Buddy Guy strat with GFS Premium Texas Strat set and it could sound better. I am currently converting a 70's RI Fender Strat into a HSS guitar. I have a Pearly Gates Plus pickup for the bridge and need a neck and middle pickup to go with it. I was going to do either Fender Texas Specials or Tonerider City limits for the neck/middle but if I get either his Vintage Set or Phatty set and it didn't work with the Pearly Gates, I could put the whole set in the Buddy Guy Strat. Any advice on these pickups?

Sorry for the long post. I'll probably get either the strat or tele, not both. Thanks for your help.

• Members

Hard choice on a smokin deal on BG's.

Would any of his tele pickups be a significant upgrade from the stock pups

Being you state you are mainly a blues and rock player, then I'd say the Tele Rockwinds might be something you like.

• Members

This threat should have been avoided or banned

No money for more (necessary )pickups

And Yes Bryan will deliver more then you ever expect

Roland

Proud user of Vintage 60's and very custommade HB's(in a jaguar HH) and now with terrible Tele PU GAS

• Members

hmmm, makes me wish I had some more money right now, I would get a set of ea.

I would assume because of the reduced price he is not gonna offer a forumite discount on top of that price too....right?

That would be an insane deal.

• Members

I PM'd Bryan last night and have not heard back yet so I'll let you know what he says. Even though the T90 pup is not on sale, I think the tele blues neck pup and the t90 bridge would sound really good together and fit my needs. I also asked him if the bridge pup in the phatty strat set could be used in the bridge of a tele. I've never changed pups in a tele before so I don't know for sure. If that would work, I could get the phatty set and use the neck/middle pup with the pearly gates bridge pup I have and get the blues tele neck pup and use it with the phatty bridge pup. We'll see what he thinks.

• Members

hmmm, makes me wish I had some more money right now, I would get a set of ea.

I would assume because of the reduced price he is not gonna offer a forumite discount on top of that price too....right?

That would be an insane deal.

Sorry Tim,

but these prices are as low as they can go.:thu:

• Members

I PM'd Bryan last night and have not heard back yet so I'll let you know what he says. Even though the T90 pup is not on sale, I think the tele blues neck pup and the t90 bridge would sound really good together and fit my needs. I also asked him if the bridge pup in the phatty strat set could be used in the bridge of a tele. I've never changed pups in a tele before so I don't know for sure. If that would work, I could get the phatty set and use the neck/middle pup with the pearly gates bridge pup I have and get the blues tele neck pup and use it with the phatty bridge pup. We'll see what he thinks.

lol..I just sent you a pm.:thu:

Archived