First Cut,...

boosh

• Members

There is a mid-60's "Northern Soul" version by a Black British female artiste that is very good... anyone remember her name?

There's dozens of covers on YouTube including her If I recall correct.

• Members

Thanks, Booshy.

We miss your participation here on HC SSS.

We had a hectic time overhere. We were rebuilding our kitchen and that took 4 months. Couldn't get to my PC which is in my studio because all the kitchenstuff was in front of it ;)

Yesterdaynight I spend a few hours talking to GearMike,.. that was fun!!!

I'm back ;)

• Members

There is a mid-60's "Northern Soul" version by a Black British female artiste that is very good... anyone remember
her name
?

P.P. Arnold.

First done by Cat.

Then P.P.

Then Keith Hampshire

Then Rod Stewart

Then Sheryl Crow

Plus, there's a few less popular versions around. Great song :thu:

• Members

For some reason, I was thinking that there was an early Colin Blunstone cover of this song. I can find no proof of that. Anybody recall one?

i have just about everything Colin has ever recorded, That song is not in my collection...I'm sure he would do an admirable job if he has or will record it.

I love his version of 'Misty Roses'.

• Members

i have just about everything Colin has ever recorded, That song is not in my collection...I'm sure he would do an admirable job if he has or will record it.

I love his version of 'Misty Roses'.

thanks, I'm pretty much sure it was a phantom memory. Maybe a 1% chance it was a promo.

• Members

That's the one, Snowcow.:thu::thu: It was not a hit Stateside at all. But It was big in the UK as I later discovered, especially on the Pirate radios...

P.P. Arnold.

First done by Cat.

Then P.P.

Then Keith Hampshire

Then Rod Stewart

Then Sheryl Crow

Plus, there's a few less popular versions around. Great song
:thu:

• Members

Hey Booshy,

Glad your back, I've been missing my buddy .. thanks for posting the Rod Stewart video, as I've been really listening to him a lot. A dear friend of mine has played in his band and toured the world over for the past 3 years, and I get the road report from where ever they're at, it's quite a lot of fun.

I think Rod is one of the BEST singers on the planet, study his phrasing and you will learn a lot.

Russ

Nashville

Archived