it's amazing how the forums have separate tastes

Still.ill

• Members

I'm a metal head through and through. I hang in EG because of the company. WAY to many punk ass holes over in amps. Most of which know nothing about amplification but they sure know how to be a wise ass.

You can actually get help in EG.
:thu:

Precisely!:thu:

• Members

I'm a metal head through and through. I hang in EG because of the company. WAY to many punk ass holes over in amps. Most of which know nothing about amplification but they sure know how to be a wise ass.

Precisely!:thu:

Every time I pop into the amp forum expecting some illumination into the intricacies of electronics I encounter an adolescent "My girlfriend likes it in the backdoor" --- "I want to be a male-stripper" or "Do you think Asian chicks are hot!?" thread.

EG is about guitars and amps and effects and playing and tone and technique. And the people here are great at providing info and experience. :thu:

• Members

I love Metal....

And Punk, and Blues, and Reggae, and Classic Rock, Pop, Motown, Stax, Country, Jazz, fusion, world music, folk, Hip Hop, Dub, etc etc.

Am I in the wrong forum?

Nope you're just fine here :thu:

This is my main reason and the nice people that do help. I've gotten more help here on my amp, effects and acoustic questions than in either of the other forums :idk:

• Members

That's funny because I listen to a lot of different music, but these days mostly indie, alt-country, metal, world and folk music. The music I listen to the least is traditional classic rock or white boy blues.

I mostly hang out in this forum (and live sound) because of the people and because the discussions stay relatively on-topic and civil. I like that it gets a good amount of traffic so it stays fairly fast paced too.

• Members

It kinda sucks too, cuz at HCAF, if you want to talk about an amp that is NOT made for teh brOOtz, you are ignored. Just like a jazz box thread gets little or no love here:cry:...oh wait, that's cuz no one around here plays jazz.:cop::lol:

Not anyones fault, just the way it is.

Plus, they post too many threads about nothing at the AF....the mods let them post stupid threads about drugs, getting laid, who's the best metal guitarist and tons of other OT stuff. (cuz you know, it's always the mod's fault!)

Derz nice mods here.....;)

• Members

I'm also struck at how many more people, in total, are in the electric guitar forum every day, compared to the other forums. If you divide that very large number by the number of possible bands in each city/town/village of the world, each band would probably have about four guitarists each...

... And for each of those guitarists, there would be about 10 redundant guitars gathering dust in a room somewhere in the four guitarists' homes.

On the subject of the thread: I wouldn't be surprised if this forum was more or less an even representation of popular (western) global taste in music which features a guitar. In other words, representatives of most genres are probably here. It seems to be mostly about 'rock', because that is such a demographically significant (and vague) genre.

Archived