Blast Furnace reignition after thirty-plus years ... and my birthday! (clippage)

csm

• Members

'Twas indeed an awesome weekend! :D

I was amazed by how quickly the band gelled together during rehearsal, sounding far more "we are a band" than "we used to be a band", and I picked up some useful tips for "Crosstown Lightnin'.

The suppoprt band were a very promising bunch of youngsters, who included Kevin the Bass players son on guitar and Vox, and an outstanding 13 year old drummer, with a great voice and showmanship to spare.

Blast and the Heatwaves just rocked, seriously, and achieved the feat of getting an audience of whom I suspect 80% of being in the 17- 20 year old category up and dancing and whooping for more!

I was in an area up high at the back manning the mixing desk (A yamaha all digital jobby with menus for everything, that I had never seen before, and a lighting desk only 40% functional, with all the blue bulbs stolen!

I did my best, and the band seemed happy.

And what a GREAT bunch of guys they are too...all of 'em!

And Bassist Kevin laid on a party/spread post gig to celebrate the gig, and Charlies Birthday!

Heres some pics:

Me in Mission Control:

DSCF3267.jpg

Support band:

DSCF3268.jpg

DSCF3274.jpg

The boys are back in town:

DSCF3275.jpg

DSCF3276.jpg

• Members

Some great stuff there, Marc -- glad you've both fully recovered!

I particularly like the close-up of Skid (the harp guy) ... and the one of you and me beerbonding at the party!

We should get these onto Facebook!

Archived