Squier Classic Vibe Series

EricJohn

• Members

I think the performance/cost ratio on this line of guitars is amazing. I've owned the Classic Vibe 50's Tele for about 7 months now. I love the sound of it so much. Used it to cut all the rhythm tracks for our band's album. The thing stays in tune very well and the hardware is solid. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the flat fingerboard radius. Doesn't let me do my wannabe shred stuff. But then again, who buys a tele for that! :)

• Members

Got it. I think. CV's are comfy to me, but I don't need a fence post either (naysayers complain about the thinner necks) and find the fret work very well done. Bang for buck city. I used 2 of mine (60's Strat and Duo-Sonic) on our groups CD release too! Into here covered one of the songs (quite well I might add).

• Members
someone pls explain fretboard radius?

Imagine a simple circle that's 20 inches across. Radius is half the diameter
of the circle, meaning the radius is 10 inches.

circle.jpg

Now imagine slicing off a piece of this 20-inch-wide circle (10 inch radius)
with a straight line that is the width of the neck on your guitar (2.25
inches). You end up with a small piece of a circle that has a straight base
line that's 2.25 inches. The round part of this object is the profile of your
fingerboard.

Some Ibanez guitars have a 17 inch or even a 19 inch radius. People often
refer to fingerboard radii like this as being virtually flat -- or just "flat."
However, there are some fingerboards that really are flat. I own a
Galveston-brand 8 string bass beast that has a very wide FLAT fingerboard.
The radius for a truly flat fingerboard is infinite (an infinitely wide circle).

• Members

Got it. I think. CV's are comfy to me, but I don't need a fence post either (naysayers complain about the thinner necks) and find the fret work very well done. Bang for buck city. I used 2 of mine (60's Strat and Duo-Sonic) on our groups CD release too! Into here covered one of the songs (quite well I might add).

yup the neck on my CVC is killer. I like big necks too but this neck is just dandy.

Also if you look at the Blackguard Book's specs on about 50 vintage Teles most are 9.5" radius and not 7.25".

• Members
Imagine a simple circle that's 20 inches across. Radius is half the diameter

of the circle, meaning the radius is 10 inches.

circle.jpg

Now imagine slicing off a piece of this 20-inch-wide circle (10 inch radius)

with a straight line that is the width of the neck on your guitar (2.25

inches). You end up with a small piece of a circle that has a straight base

line that's 2.25 inches. The round part of this object is the profile of your

fingerboard.

Some Ibanez guitars have a 17 inch or even a 19 inch radius. People often

refer to fingerboard radii like this as being virtually flat -- or just "flat."

However, there are some fingerboards that really are flat. I own a

Galveston-brand 8 string bass beast that has a very wide FLAT fingerboard.

The radius for a truly flat fingerboard is infinite (an infinitely wide circle).

Got it now! CV's seem flatter than that, but I assume bridge setup, etc contribute...I hear ya on the Galv.....had a Hamer 12-string bass that had to be very similar. Very difficult for me to play. I guess the curve makes more diff than I thought initially.

Still, LOVE my CV's, is all I play except as a holiday weekend-no-gig treat, I rewired my 1 P-90 Epi LP Jr..... 1970's MD pickup, sounds like a Jr. oughta.....very pleased!

• Members

I have been wanting a CV (I'll take either a strat or a tele) for a while now. Have played plenty at (shamed to say it) Guitar Center and for the price it can't be beat. And as long as we're talking radii, the 9.5" is perfect for me, I like a nice 'almost vintage' feeling neck. Nothing super flat like a Jackson or anything.

Archived