Surf Green appreciation thread

EJD

• Members

I've seen three distinctly different colors on the recent Bullets. First were definitely blue, then they were definitely more green than blue, then they had some in between, but closer to green.

I was just talking with someone at a shop (which is the first place I ever saw the new bullets) and he said the same thing. They had a couple people that wanted the Daphne, but waited. Then the next shipments were MUCH MUCH more blue.

Speaking of Bullets - what's up with the headstocks?

On many Bullets I can find - and I assume this is the normal Bullet, since I see them everywhere - they have these odd headstocks, like this:

SQBST-DPB_headstock-front.jpg

But I've seen a few with headstocks like this:

image00123dq4.jpg

I think that's the kind my Bullet project body came with from the factory, because I saw a YouTube video review of a guitar with body and hardware identical to mine, but with this different (and more attractive) headstock.

[YOUTUBE]ML8dV5-WhiY[/YOUTUBE]

So are they two different types? What's happening here? I know this isn't on the topic of Surf Green, but I was always wondering about this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They seem pretty similar to me. The point near the low E tuner is slightly more rounded on the one on the right. And the one on the left is wider from point to point... And the 'straight' edge under the Squier logo seems slightly more rounded on the right one as well whereas it's nearly straight on the one on the left, but I can't look at one of those and say one is clearly more attractive than the other.

:confused:

I don't think I've seen the tuners on the left on a guitar in some time... I'm guessing its from a different generation of Bullet.

SP32-20100114-140034a1.jpg

• Members

They seem pretty similar to me. The point near the low E tuner is slightly more rounded on the one on the right. And the one on the left is wider from point to point... And the 'straight' edge under the Squier logo seems slightly more rounded on the right one as well whereas it's nearly straight on the one on the left, but I can't look at one of those and say one is clearly more attractive than the other.

:confused:

Suppose... I just don't like the look of the other one, with the funny low-E point. Each to their own :)

Also, cheers for the gorgeous contributions, guys. Especially Mazi Bee. Man, those are all beautiful. Loving the chrome whammy tips :thu:

(when do I get my Mazi Militia membership, by the way...?) ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here you go

binding.jpg

I want that tele so bad, you have no idea.

Surf Green sounds better than any other Fender color. The reason: Only highly skilled, experienced players choose classic Fender colors like Surf Green and Daphne Blue. Noobees and dorks pick the ugly, more modern Fender colors.

Here's my AVRI 62 Jag, all stock except for the (recent) Tusq saddles. By the way, I'm the exception because, while I've played since the LBJ era, I'm not highly skilled. Let's face it: I should be playing a color like Candy Coke or San Bernardino Smog.

[YOUTUBE]lwRh24Ta0VY[/YOUTUBE]

jag5.jpg

Archived