Called Jackson custom shop, what you guys think?

gh0st

• Members

They said it will be about $5300 to build this for me

luljackson.png

I've always wanted a Jackson with the 80's green. The Bigsby, man I love Bigsby's so I figured it would be perfect for this guitar.

Ebony fretboard, Super Distortion in the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck. Also have a coil tap for the bridge pup.

Ordering it tomorrow as soon as the wife approves :thu:

• Members

I've just always been fascinated with a Bigbsy and I really don't like the look of a Floyd Rose at all. Hell, someone has put it on a tele:

bigsby1.gif

That's what the custom shop quoted me, but I see what you mean. I could probably have someone paint a soloist and then put a Bigsby/pickups in there for me for a lot less.

• Members

I've just always been fascinated with a Bigbsy and I really don't like the look of a Floyd Rose at all. Hell, someone has put it on a tele:

bigsby1.gif

That's what the custom shop quoted me, but I see what you mean. I could probably have someone paint a soloist and then put a Bigsby/pickups in there for me for a lot less.

Keep it for the teles and hollowbodys, a floyd would be a lot more useful on this IMO

• Members

I've just always been fascinated with a Bigbsy and I really don't like the look of a Floyd Rose at all. Hell, someone has put it on a tele

A lot less :thu:

• Members

A lot less
:thu:

Yeah that makes more sense, I have a lot of cash to spend right now but blowing it on a custom guitar is probably dumb. Maybe I'll pick up a cheaper one and throw a Bigs on there to see how I like it. I messed with Floyd Roses in the past and I just really did not enjoy workign with them :mad:

• Members

you could also go the warmoth route...Soloist body $300, Jackson neck ect. You could probably put together a top notch custom for less then $1200

True, that'd be pretty fun too. It'd just be a solid paint color so nothing fancy would need to be done.

Glad to see people aren't ripping on it though. It probably does look a little stupid but it might end up being cool in a way :cool: Hell, if I don't dig the Bigsby I can take it off and fill the holes.

• Members

CARVIN!

ST300 with pointy headstock is very close to a Soloist style.

Carvin offers the Bigsby, and is available on the ST300.

Only solid color green Carvin offers though is Radiation Green.

Though you could ask if they'll do another under the option 50.

No guarantee though.

Anyways, (trying to match as close to your pic as possible) it would probably only cost around $1300.

Give or take, depending on what all options you actually chose.

Beats the heck out of $5300.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/

• Members

I like that body you linked to from warmoth.

For me a bigsby on a Jackson is just wrong though, and I like Jacksons.

For $5000 there are a lot of killer guitars out there, you could spend $2000 and build your dream guitar from different suppliers.

That, or get a soloist with a through neck.

And as far as floyds go, my guess is that you would learn to love it. It really is a great design for the player.

MusicZoo has a couple pages of custom jacksons, you should check that out too,

http://www.themusiczoo.com/category/1920/Jackson-Guitars/

• Members

CARVIN!

ST300 with pointy headstock is very close to a Soloist style.

Carvin offers the Bigsby, and is available on the ST300.

Only solid color green Carvin offers though is Radiation Green.

Though you could ask if they'll do another under the option 50.

No guarantee though.

Anyways, (trying to match as close to your pic as possible) it would probably only cost around $1300.

Give or take, depending on what all options you actually chose.

Beats the heck out of $5300.

^^^^^^^^ This. I was just about to say it.

Archived