Warmoth necks?

Ruction11

• Members

How are they?

I have a 2000-something Charvel Standard with a warped neck and im planning on getting a new neck for it when i get the money. I can get one made to the specs i want (24 frets jumbo, compound radius, reverse headstock, regular nut) for around $250 on the custom section of the Warmoth site. Are their necks generally good? is there anywhere/anyone else that makes custom necks for under $300?

• Members

warmoth are among the best money can buy...mightymite only slightly less so...

...dollar for dollar I'm usually swayed to mighty mites...a much better value to me, unless you want something custom or exotic...then warmoth is about your best option...

• Members

I recently put together a Warmoth tele and the whole thing is great.

I am extremely pleased with the quality and feel of the neck. Once the guitar was assembled, the required setup was minimal.

In fact, I like it so much the rest of my guitar purchases could very well be Warmoth - custom made just the way I want a guitar to be.

Highly recommended!

• Members

With Warmoth if your not looking for cutom made neck, look through their already made necks in the type you want.

I got my strat neck for $157 and got to pick the fret size, nut type and tuner hole size. Nut cost extra but you can order with no nut if you preffer to do them yourself..

• Members

On my first warmoth neck, it was a custom. I think it's really nice. My main gripe is that they made no effort to make sure the nut was the right height. They shippend the neck with a very tall nut installed, and if you are not very savey on setting a guitar up, this would present a problem. You will never get a neck to feel, or play right, with a nut like that.

Popping it out and sanding it down is not a real big deal, but proper nut height is not a secret and they know better. For a $400 custom neck I think it is reasonable to expect thorough work.

Other then that though, I really am pleased with it.

• Members

USACG, IMO, is a better company. I tried to ask questions @ Warmoth and customer service just plain sucked. I got my questions answered and got a lot of help from Tommy @ USACG. I paid $250 for a custom 24&3/4" conversion neck. Trouble is I like it so much I'll have to get at least one more.

• Members

There truss rods are at the heal so they suck, its 2010 for Christ sake i shouldn't have to take the neck off to adjust the neck.

and that small one on the side is only for minor adjustments on the pro

so {censored} them

• Members

There truss rods are at the heal so they suck, its 2010 for Christ sake i shouldn't have to take the neck off to adjust the neck.

so {censored} them

Only on some of their necks - if you get the Vintage Modern the adjustment is at the headstock.

• Members

so {censored} them

Yeah I got the pro with the adjustment on the side, would not do again.

A standard truss rod with the adjustment at the head works very well, no reason to do that.

• Members

so {censored} them

They offer a modern headstock adjusted TR as well

Archived