Slowly... getting off the grid

• Members

It's you, not Obama, that is ruining the economy.

:D

I`m amazed at how much $$$ is wasted every year for things that we really don`t need. So next month we`ll start taking a little away each month so we don`t feel it as much but I`m looking forward to getting back to something a little more simple and cheaper.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been cable free since I turned 21. When I go to my parents house or a friends house it's amazing to see how little there is to watch. I use the OTA signal at home for local news and PBS and Netflix for everything else.

No home phone, so my cell bill is a bit pricey, but it's also a tax write off. My electric bill is STUPID expensive though. I live in an old apartment with crappy electric baseboard heaters, next to no insulation and up until recently completely crappy windows that would rattle at mild winds. I have window unit A/C too... whenever I finally buy a house I want to keep it as green as possible.

just wondering, how old are you?

Not being nosey, just trying to put your posts in perspective.

Don't reply if you feel a need for privacy,

God knows I am one who craves privacy.:thu:

• Members

On the CB Radio. When I first got into them (in 1975), on had to have a license and use call letters. I still remember mine !! Anyway, now you dont need a license. Im thinking of picking up a base unit and car units. Hell, maybe my daughters can figure out how to text on them. Oh, I think thats "Morse Code"

Archived