My new Amp build...

mcinku

• Members

I wanted something small but something I could gig with... 30W or so

When I saw new Ceriatone Prinzetone I new this is it.

...this amp is based on non-verb BFPR (aa964) amp but in fact Prinzetone is not just a clone of this amp. Nik changed tone stack and he used smaller V1a grid stopper and he increased V1 plate resistors (more gain). He also changed the vibro part a little bit, he added NFB pot and bias pot. Tone stack is now closer to Dumble Bluesmaster tonestack... it has more mids and different low end compared to standard BF Fender tone stack.

This image will show you what I mean....

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1749.0;a

Obviously Princeton is running on two 6V6 and I wanted more power, so I decided to build 6L6 Princeton amp.

So I bought Hammond Vibrolux replacement trannies and I also added choke which is not included in the original design.

• Members

Tonestack done... when this picture was taken I didn't have CTS push-pull pot for the volume - I'm doing the bright switch.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1785.0;a

OK here's an overall image...

...and faceplate image.

I forgot to mention that I had to change the bias resistor... the stock one didn't work well with 6L6 tubes.

• Members

AA964 is for some people more or less a bit anemic sounding amp and trust me on this... there is nothing anemic about this amp.

This is my amp in action...

[YOUTUBE]XI-QRoR0KWw[/YOUTUBE]

I already buit the cab for this amp... I still have to do the tolex part.

;)

• 1 month later...

Archived