Best Songs In Drop B

younggun123

• Members

Yeah, the C-1's are amazing for the price, and then some. I went to GC expecting to get a Gibson LP Studio faded or whatever, or PRS SE Single cut. I played the C-1 and it really felt like a much better guitar. And the Mayhem set is just what they call two Duncan Distortions (SH-6n/SH-6b). They're great, and with the Coil Split it's a really versatile set.

http://www.bluestarmusic.com/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-Set-of-Two-SH-6-Humbuckers-Black-P839.aspx

EDIT - I've tried to do a tone vid, but I'm currently struggling with getting a good amp tone
:cry:

Nice. I've heard many good things about those pups. Lamb of God uses them but since they are passives, then it should be easy to play many genres of music. I didn't know they had coil split though...that would make tonal options more diverse. I am more of an SD Invaders type guy though :thu:

• Members

Nice. I've heard many good things about those pups. Lamb of God uses them but since they are passives, then it should be easy to play many genres of music. I didn't know they had coil split though...that would make tonal options more diverse. I am more of an SD Invaders type guy though
:thu:

Yeah, any pup with 4 conductors can be split. I don't think I'll have another guitar with passive humbuckers that won't be at least split.

• Members

Yeah, any pup with 4 conductors can be split. I don't think I'll have another guitar with passive humbuckers that won't be at least split.

Then i'll bet you'd love Carvin's DC 127's ;) i rarely use my coil splitters so i dont go for them as often as others would. I dont have an ear for tone like many others...if someone played a les paul on a mahogany body, and an SG on a maple body, both with the same pups, i couldn't tell the difference. So i can't tell a big difference in tone after splitting the coils. That's just me though.

• Members

Then i'll bet you'd love Carvin's DC 127's
;)
i rarely use my coil splitters so i dont go for them as often as others would. I dont have an ear for tone like many others...if someone played a les paul on a mahogany body, and an SG on a maple body, both with the same pups, i couldn't tell the difference. So i can't tell a big difference in tone after splitting the coils. That's just me though.

There's a big difference with cleans and light distortion, but with a lot of gain really I can only tell if there's buzzing or not.

• Members

There's a big difference with cleans and light distortion, but with a lot of gain really I can only tell if there's buzzing or not.

yeah i guess that's a good way of looking at it. I heard some good clips on the same guitar with maple fretboard, and then rosewood. The maple definitely had better cleans but the rosewood was great with higher gain.

• Members

yeah i guess that's a good way of looking at it. I heard some good clips on the same guitar with maple fretboard, and then rosewood. The maple definitely had better cleans but the rosewood was great with higher gain.

I've decided to go with Ebony for anything that's not Maple. In other words, no Rosewood anymore. I just don't like it.

And to get back on track, As Blood Runs Black is always fun, although they're Drop C.

• 9 years later...
  • Members
On 10/13/2019 at 5:29 AM, dropbshredder said:

😏 Drop B is my primary tuning. Love Drop C, Drop C# and Drop A but, Drop B is what I write most of my material in. Name some Drop B songs from Disturbed,Halestorm and Sevendust. Can't seem to find them. Anyone?

Here is a list of some Sevendust songs in Drop B off the top of my head. I might have some of them wrong, because they will sometimes tune to a DADGAD tuning, but in B.

Bitch, Terminator, Too Close To Hate, Prayer, My Ruin, Denial, T.O.A.B, Praise, Dead Set, Follow, Redefine, Disease, Broken Down, Hero, Ugly, Pieces, Splinter, Inside, Faithless.

Sevendust is one of my favorite bands of all time. Highly underrated when it comes to songwriting and live performance in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Archived