Taylor Guitars Experiences?

cerebrix

• Members

Pretty seriously considering a Taylor Solidbody. I went to 3 different stores today to play them, looked forward to the 2nd two after playing the first. Thats a super comfy neck profile and good lord those HD pickups they have wipe the floor with burstbuckers.

so anyway....

Just wonderings what people's experiences are with them and their products.

thanks!

To clarify, this is about Taylor Guitars, not Tyler Guitars lol

• Members

Absolutely amazing. The wood was perfect, the CS is top notch, it came with a free hardcase, the pickups were hand wound, and the finish was the most beautiful I've ever seen.

EDIT - Oh. I thought you meant Tyler Guitars.

I have little experience with Taylor. Played their acoustics and thought they were great though.

• Members

I've had my 510 acoustic for over 20 years. The quality and sound is exceptional, but more than that taylors are designed to be practical and giggable. That's a very rare quality in an acoustic. I played one of their electrics a while back but the kid next to me was auditioning for Cannibal Corpse and I never really heard it. It seemed built well, though.

• Members
"Taylors lack balls."

You've obviously never played mine. : ) Goes like a cannon. With Taylors you just have to beat them for a wee while, then the gonads kick in. I've had my 310 for 7 years, sounds fantastic.

There are always exceptions to the rule. :D

• Members

I've had my 510 acoustic for over 20 years. The quality and sound is exceptional, but more than that taylors are designed to be practical and giggable. That's a very rare quality in an acoustic. I played one of their electrics a while back but the kid next to me was auditioning for Cannibal Corpse and I never really heard it. It seemed built well, though.

My 510 is about the same age, and it's a monster player. I've never played one of their electrics though.

• Members

The 200 series and up Taylor acoustics are amazing IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made equally excellent electrics. Especially considering an electric guitar is a much more simple beast. And their lower end stuff isn't bad either, I just think there's better values once you get much under a grand. Not to sound like a dumbass but I truthfully didn't even know they made electrics. I wanna try one out!

• Members

Have played their LP-ish solid body electric git a few times and it is very nice. As you would expect with a Taylor, they're kinda pricey but the finish is about as close to perfect as you can get. It sounds good too, but I've got a particularly nice LP standard and I would not swap.

• Members

what blew me away about these electrics most were 2 things.

a) wow thats the best feeling, fastest "chunky" neck ive ever felt. perfect neck carve

b) the pickups are {censored}ing amazing. i dont mean to curse but theyre {censored}ing amazing. the best pickups ive ever played were bareknuckles and james tyler pickups. taylor pickups kick the living {censored} out of both of those without even trying.

and i realize what im saying there, bareknuckle and tyler pickups are amazing.

• Members
what blew me away about these electrics most were 2 things.

a) wow thats the best feeling, fastest "chunky" neck ive ever felt. perfect neck carve

b) the pickups are {censored}ing amazing. i dont mean to curse but theyre {censored}ing amazing. the best pickups ive ever played were bareknuckles and james tyler pickups. taylor pickups kick the living {censored} out of both of those without even trying.

and i realize what im saying there, bareknuckle and tyler pickups are amazing.

I don't know about tylers, but the taylor pickups beat bareknuckles? Wow. :eek:

• Members

Wow, am I the only one to comment here who actually owns a Taylor Solidbody Electric? Mine is the classic, in translucent red. I am surprised that not a lot of people own them and actually look down on them, which is completely ignorant.

What I like about these guitars:

-- The pickups. The pickups. The pickups. I have the two mini-humbucker version. They can do anything. They can even sound like an in-between Strat for god's sake.

-- The neck. Already been said.

-- The *perfect* intonation. The only guitar I own that possesses this quality on all strings at all times.

That said, it is up on Craigslist now to fund my acoustic habit :D

• Members

yeah i saw that in one of the videos, their bridge controls the brake angle of each string such that the resistance is the same for each string. so the low e string feels as easy to bend as the high string as the d string. not looser on the top and tigther on the bottom.

mediocreplayer, pics of your taylor? and pm me a link to that cl ad =p

Archived