Taylor Guitars Experiences?

cerebrix

• Members

Can't believe I'm only the second SolidBody owner to come along. I adore mine. I was originally really digging the full-size HD humbuckers that came on the Standard, but then my dealer got in one of the first Classics with single coils. It was one of eight guitars made in this finish (which is now a standard finish, grr).

I love everything about it. As others have said, the neck is fantastic. I personally like a more baseball bat-style neck, but this one really kills it. The pickups are incredible. In my opinion, all of Taylor's pickups are everything that pickups should be. The output is fantastic, but they still get the most amazing cleans and are fantastic at driving an amp. If I wasn't wary of cutting off their solder-less connectors, I would probably put their pickups in all my guitars. Speaking of those connectors, being able to swap the loaded pickguards is lovely. I haven't ordered it yet, but I am eventually going to pick up a black pickguard with dual full-size HD humbuckers for mine. The price was right and the included hardshell case is the nicest case I've ever seen for a guitar. If I was a rich man, I'd easily pay $300 for the case alone. Additionally, Taylor dealers tend to be fantastic, especially if you find the mom and pop ones like mine. Free setups and maintenance for life; only pay for strings. :thu:

I highly recommend you pick one up. I'm not big on modern guitars, but this one absolutely won me over. They obviously put a ton of thought into it. On a personal tour of the factory that Bob Taylor did for myself and my family, he spoke about these guitars and their smallest features with such passion, you'd have thought he had never touched or built an acoustic guitar in his life. He couldn't have been more proud to have made them and I honestly feel really proud to own one. I feel like I'm in on an amazing secret.

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention the bridge. Absolutely wonderful. A marvel of design. The guitar is so astoundingly loud unplugged and so spot-on intonation-wise. I'm interested to see how their take on the tremolo is. If it's anywhere near as good as the fixed bridge, I may have to pick up a second Classic.

Archived