PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt???

Misha

• Members

http://www.prsguitars.com/semikaelakerfeldt/specs.php

I tried it once at my local shop and it was really nice!

It sounded very good and I like the ebony fretboard.

I tried it againlast weekend: same feeling!!

I can get it for 580$ CAD brand new. (Weird, they are more expensive in the USA: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Mikael-Akerfeldt-Electric-Guitar?sku=423365)

I'm not in love with the logo... but just because it is a logo of a band. In fact, it makes the guitar pretty...

I want a guitar with humbuckers but since LPs are uncomfortable to me, this PRS SE seems like a good alternative!

Any thoughts about this guitar?

• Members

I kind of wish it was a plain top with that logo. The flame plus the logo is a bit much for me, but I'm a fan of the SEs in general.

I had seen it on the web and thought the same thing until I saw it for real. It might not do the same thing for you though!

This guitar has got nice cleans (I tried it with a Vox AC15C1) as well good crunch sounds (tried it this time with a Traynor YCV40WR.)

GAS again... :facepalm:

• Members

I had seen it on the web and thought the same thing until I saw it for real. It might not do the same thing for you though!

This guitar has got nice cleans (I tried it with a Vox AC15C1) as well good crunch sounds (tried it this time with a Traynor YCV40WR.)

I :love: Traynors, and SEs, so that sounds like a hell of a combo to me. Also, sounds like the two would actually match pretty well, color-wise. And you're right, if I saw it in person I'm quite sure I'd want it...

• Members

That's nice! Wow ebony fretboard and only $600 new? That's amazing. Opeth is a great band also so if it meets his expectations it has to be great
:thu:
Get it!

Are you my wallet talking to me???

(Obviously no!) ;)

• Members

I
:love:
Traynors, and SEs, so that sounds like a hell of a combo to me. Also, sounds like the two would actually match pretty well, color-wise. And you're right, if I saw it in person I'm quite sure I'd want it...

I liked it because the flame top was not very prominent! ;)

• Members

Well, I have to admit that I prefer their songs... instrumental! The voice is almost too low for me to hear!
:freak:

it might have to do with my age a bit...
;)

:wave:

Oh I see :lol: Thats fair enough. :)

I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals as a whole really, but each to their own :thu:

If you don't like LOOOOWWWW voices, then listen to Porcelian (sp?) Heart byu Opeth, thats just got normal singing in I believe. :D

• Members

Oh I see
:lol:
Thats fair enough.
:)

I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals as a whole really, but each to their own

If you don't like
LOOOOWWWW
voices, then listen to Porcelian (sp?) Heart byu Opeth, thats just got normal singing in I believe.
:D

Thank's for the hint...

The lowest I can go (or the only Low voice song I like ??) is Angels Don't Kill from Children of Bodom! I listen to it very often!

;)

• Members

My two favourites are:

Those are cool but mine are:

[YOUTUBE]1IzLDT73bkk[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE]tFX8AyxwCYs[/YOUTUBE]

Opeth's got some cool {censored}. I love how different they are from their calm, cool, quiet songs to their heavy, brutal, death metal songs. :evil: I guess they are considered Progressive Black Metal but i prefer to call them "Opeth" :)

Archived