Daarlene Love is 72 years old.

Richard King

• Members

He's kind of a kooky old man now... I don't know if he has the presence-of-mind or energy to assemble a singing group in The Pen. But I'll bet there are indeed some rooms there which could give you some very dense echo/reverb, suitable for soul choirs.

I wonder if he's receiving any preferential treatment? e.g. access to mics, pianos and recorders? Or access to the Web? I once did a concert at Corcoran Men's Facility in Vacaville (which had housed Sirhan Sirhan and Charles Manson) and they indeed had a choir room with a piano AND an organ. (Although the concert was held outdoors, on the green.) The audience was about 400 men, overwhelmingly black and hispanic--- and they were the nicest, politest, most attentive audience any musician could ever wish for. They sat cross-legged on the ground, and applauded and smiled genteelly as if they were at a Wimbledon tennis match.

• Members

I suspect he probably is receiving preferential treatment. Regardless of what he's done, he's still a music legend. And that must carry some weight

So Ras, who's the guy in your avatar?

Edit: I only typed 'some' once and it's been printed twice. Eh? :confused:

Archived