10 Mind-Blowing Easter Eggs Hidden in Famous Albums

veracohr

• Members

The Matching Tie and Handkerchief trick got my dad and I so bad...we had a huge argument about whether I had actually heard the "there's evidence" rock and roll historical agriculture piece, he insisting that I must have heard it elsewhere or made it up. Finally, he figured it out. The three sided album.

• Members

I know what an "Easter egg" (in this context) is, but I don't understand any of that linked article. Can someone of the right generation please summarize it? I left this stuff off with "Paul is dead" in about 1970.

I'm not sure what's difficult to understand.

Jimi Hendrix recorded some dialogue relating to aliens, slowed it down and mixed it into a song.

Tool made 3 songs that when mixed together properly make a new, coherent song.

Aphex Twin put a sound in a song that when run through a spectrograph produces a picture of the artist.

Som new wave band put a binary string on a vinyl record and named the "song" with the instructions for properly decoding it into a voice.

Among others. Some of these smell of coincidental, urban-legendy "Paul is dead" and Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz stuff, but some are true intentional Easter eggs.

• Members

I noticed (after having the album for about 13 years) that the Alan Parsons CD 'On Air' has a data CD hidden inside. Well, not really hidden, but I never noticed it.

Anyway, it has a very strange semi-trippin' sort of 'history of aviation' thing going on. I don't know how to describe it... You get a bunch of hot air balloons floating across the screen, and each time you click on one, an aviation article or photo pops up.

Archived