flying v leg rest

mnhhngbfs

• Members

does anyone know where you can buy something similar to what's on a lot of steinbergers? the little metal thing that folds out and allows you to play it sitting down..

i think it'd work great for the flying v i'm building right now. i know you can just play it in the classical position, but it get's annoying after a while

• Members

I guess no one is going to answer your question. They're just going to tell you why you should use it seated! :p

Go to MusicYo. They can help you.

PaulS

Folding Leg Rest (U.S. Pat #RE31722) -- Only 1/4" thick when folded, the permanently attached leg rest snaps out instantly to provide exceptional comfort and balance when playing an L-series instrument in a seated position. The leg rest can also be added to other non-traditional instruments, such as the Gibson Flying V guitars

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Go to MusicYo. They can help you.

Sorry Paul, only Zombies over at MusicYo!

http://www.musicyo.com/thankyou.htm

I cried when I found out.

EDIT: duh, I just read Paul's posting date. Damn these back from the dead threads and their time-shifted subject matter.

mnhhngbfs, I may have a source for the Steinberger leg-rest. I'll check and get back to this thread.

• Members

Sorry
Paul
, only Zombies over at MusicYo!

http://www.musicyo.com/thankyou.htm

I cried when I found out.

mnhhngbfs
, I may have a source for the Steinberger leg-rest. I'll check and get back to this thread.

Yeah, this is a 3 year old thread that was just resurrected by Spankster for his novel creation. :thu:

I actually had tried to order in the flip out supports from MusicYo but they never did come through for me. They just weren't much good at getting miscellaneous parts.

But that is where I got my GT Pro from - $2-fiddy back in the day.

This is an old pic I'd taken some time ago when this subject was up previously. Although Spankster's creation is clever, I think that these Steinberger supports would be ideal.

SteinbergerArm.jpg

Archived