2010 Fender American Deluxe Strat

scolfax

• Members

Does anyone here have a 2010 Fender American Deluxe Strat? I like locking tuners, compound radius fingerboards, and possibly noiseless pickups. A Fender UK rep said it had "better" wood than a Standard, which sounds suspicious. Worth the extra $500?

StratADVMCAR.jpg

• Members

i just made a thread about these and pretty much nobody responded

anyway i have an 08 deluxe v neck and i just tried out the 2010 for the first time the other night

i was so disappointed with the compound radius board..its definitely not for me as i like thicker necks..this one just felt way too thin..i suggest if youre interested do not order one sight unseen..also the n3 pickups didnt impress me at all..i feel the SCNs are way better suited for me but i deff suggest tryin one out and seein what you think

• Members

i just made a thread about these and pretty much nobody responded

anyway i have an 08 deluxe v neck and i just tried out the 2010 for the first time the other night

i was so disappointed with the compound radius board..its definitely not for me as i like thicker necks..this one just felt way too thin..i suggest if youre interested do not order one sight unseen..also the n3 pickups didnt impress me at all..i feel the SCNs are way better suited for me but i deff suggest tryin one out and seein what you think

Hmm, thanks for that feedback. My favorite neck right now is a Clapton carve w/ compound radius. It's not thin. Might have to make this another Warmoth build...

• Members

I've played and owned enough strats to know exactly what I want so for me, buying a factory strat of any shape or form just won't do. I would go custom if I were you. Get the exact neck, pickups, body, trem, etc..., that you like.

I do have an american standard totally stock as well but its more a piece of art than something I play regularly. For instance, the neck is way too thin, the bridge pickup sucks and I prefer a pop in arm.

Have fun looking though,

billy

Archived