New Amp Day! Vintage Roland Cube 60

OldGuitarPlayer

• Members

So I go into a pawnshop the other day and see this sitting there in "museum quality" condition.

Roland%20Cube%2060-1.JPG

Roland%20Cube%2060-4.JPG

Roland%20Cube%2060-3.JPG

Of course it's a 1980's Cube 60 in orange tolex. I paid $195 for it and it works perfectly.

I'll be doing a small trio (guitar, piano, bass) gig with it this week and I can't wait to try it out in a live situation.

• Members

That's a pretty cool find.

I sorta remember that early version of the Cube, but never saw one in orange tolex.
:thu:

They are highly desirable amps among jazz guitarists. Canadian jazz guitar legend Ed Bickert used one. Ed's solo comes in around 3:58 in the video. It's amazing what he could do with just an old Telecaster and one of these amps.

[video=youtube;pXtmicTzViw]

• Members

Post a youtube vid or soundclip of it.

Unfortunately it's so freakin' loud I cannot play it past "1" on the volume control. Since I live in an apartment in an old house it would be impossible to turn it up to get a good example of it's sound and volume in a video. As soon as I get it over to our rehearsal space I will try and shoot a couple of videos there. The best part is that the reverb still works and sounds great!

• Members

I just missed snagging one (though not orange tolex, that's nice!) off of CL for ~$120 - that would've been my finest score to date. But it got away. Instead got a KC150, which I really like. Actually better for my purposes, but do miss the reverb.

Anyway, nice find - enjoy!

Archived