NCD! New Camera Day (Family pics)

metal0822

• Members

So my girl got me a digital camera since apparently I talk about it a lot. Here are a couple quick pics I snapped with it. I haven't gone through any of the settings yet. Any advice (this is my first camera)? Its a fujifilm. :lol: my last girl hooked me up with the rhoads v incense holder...shhhh

Guitars014.jpg

Guitars003.jpg

Guitars010.jpg

Guitars008.jpg

• Members

thanks. its a 2007 highway 1 with a 2002 highway one neck. i traded necks cause i liked the maple board, smaller frets, and regular headstock better. it also came with locking tuners since the trader wanted big headstock, big frets, rosewood board, and was happy to find one and toss them in. its exactly the visual combo i wanted, but also with the feature combo with the greasebucket controls and the hot alnico 3 pickups.

• Members

Love your desktop pic... I posted it incorrectly in a Trussart thread a while back. :lol:

Your pics look pretty good. For the most part, you'll probably live in the fully automatic mode or the P or Program mode. In that mode, you can turn off the flash if you want a natural light pic. A lot of times, even in dim light (like an overcast day, inside the house a ways away from a window), you might be able to take a natural light shot and it will have a softer look then even if the result is too dark, you might be able to spruce it up in photoshop or some other similar software.

A tripod is often needed for work like that but if you don't have a tripod and your hands aren't steady enough, you can try sitting the camera on a flat surface that's the right elevation, then setting your timer for 2 or 10 seconds so you aren't physically touching the camera when the shot is taken.

Other than that, looks like you're doing pretty well with it... keep your flash at an angle to minimize glare... Maybe try composing the shot rather than just taking a picture wherever the guitars happen to be hanging... remove distracting items from the background and sides... stuff like that.

Happy new camera day!

• Members

Dude...she got you the camera so you could take photos of HER! not your guitars.

You have a lot to learn about women, young man.

jk of course, well sort of

-

Yeah, I was going to suggest that he take some happy time pics of his girl, but I didn't want to be too suggestive. :lol:

• Members

Nice guitars.

Your camera may have settings for the kind of light you're dealing with (tungsten, daylight, etc.) this might help correct the color, amount of blue, so it looks more natural. +1 on Cratz's tripod and timer idea. You'll want also to invite GreatDane to chip in for some first class tips on taking terrific pics.

Archived