Messe Frankfurt and NAMM to Launch New Russian Trade Shows in May 2012

I received an email / press release announcing it earlier today.

Let's see, that's Frankfurt, Anaheim, Shanghai, and now Moscow. Plus wherever they are holding summer NAMM (Nashville?), plus wherever AES happens to land on a particular year... and I'm not going to count CES and NAB; after all, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

I honestly thought that in the next few years we'd see fewer trade shows; possibly even seeing some of them replaced by "virtual" trade shows online. Maybe I was wrong.

What do you think?

Do svidanya,

Phil

header_corporation.jpg

Messe Frankfurt and NAMM to Launch New Russian Trade Shows in May 2012

Organizations become equal partners in new venture designed to grow new markets and benefit professional development and music education in the region

Carlsbad, CA, April 6, 2011

• CMS Author

I don't think I'll be going to any trade shows outside the US until I get a real job covering them. So it's not going to affect me at all.

I'm not sure just which shows are which. The past couple of weeks I've been getting press released for Musikmesse, Prolight & Sounds (which seems to be the same time as Musikmesse (maybe they're combined shows?) and NAB which is a few days later. I'm going to NAB because I need my annual dose of Memphis Championship Barbecue.

• Members

This Russian show will be tailored to Russian market and I wouldn't expect any new product announcements. The market is big but there is also a misunderstanding of the real reasons behind.

The real goal for Russian government is bring up the perception of

Archived