New Gibson 60's Tribute SG's at NAMM 2011!

fuzztone

• Members

I thought the BFGs only came with that weird Alligator skin finish??

I'm talking about the transparent black looking one.

That's not Trans Black, it's Walnut (not the wood, but the stain), a very common color choice of Gibson in the '70's.

So, I would guess it's a Vintage Mahogany finished in Satin Walnut.

• Members

That's not Trans Black, it's Walnut (not the wood, but the stain), a very common color choice of Gibson in the '70's.

So, I would guess it's a Vintage Mahogany finished in Satin Walnut.

Thank you very much! I couldn't decide if it looked black or dark brown. Either way I like the way it looks a lot.

• Members

I didn't see a new thread, but I got an email from Music Zoo and they have a link to new NAMM products. Apparently there will also be a Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute. They showed a Heritage Cherryburst finish and says will also be avail. in Gold. I'm guessing it's the same as the 50's Tributes but with a slimmer neck. No indication of price so it could be a good deal or typical with Gibson price creep, a not so good deal.

• Members

The white SG looks dead sexy. I like a wrap bridge as much as the next guy, but a deal breaker? No way. And bean tuners? Srsly, I think some people just sit around thinking up things to bitch about.

Yep. I would prefer to pay the for a used Historic and get the better wood, TV Yellow, and the wraparound, and I really think the keystone tuners look way weird on a LP or SG Special. I buy a new guitar like every 10 years these days, I'll spend what it takes to get what I want.

Archived