So, I think I decided on a new guitar.

Beckman

• Members

I think I am going to get a brown faded SG. I wanted an LP Studio, either white, black or Wine Red (depending on what I could find). Then, my budget started to shrink. I went from $800 - $600 - $400. I can find SG's for around $400 used everywhere. Even at GC.

I thought about getting another Epiphone LP, but a higher end one. Maybe a Slash model, or the traditional, etc. Maybe LTD, or Hagstrom. But, I think it will be the SG.

Only time will tell though. I need to get my commission check first. Soon.

What is your next purchase?

28797aaf-cfb4-4153-8891-a349744c1490.jpg

• Members

Def. go with the faded Gibby SG

My 'next' purchase just came in yesterday. A Gibson Les Paul DC Standard, Lite, Amber

Screen%20shot%202011-01-18%20at%208.14.0

Nice. I love guitars that have different tops and backs with no binding. If I buy a studio, I was planning to finish like this.

• Members

I have that exact SG on the way. Ill post some pics and a review when I get it. Im also planning on putting some covers on the pickups and adding a bigsby... Thats if I decide to keep it.

Bigsby's look awesome on SGs. I hear bad things, but I may do the same thing if I get it.

• Members

I love any SG, except the ones that don't play well. Faded, custom, beat to hell, whatever .... And though not everyone does, I actually like the feel of those faded finishes.

MY next guitar related outlay is probably a trip to a rheumatologist to get a handle on my arthritis ... after that though two things, some P-90s for my LP, and a midsized amp, Jet City is kinda in the lead there.

• Members

I've played some nice faded SGs, but I just can't get along with the feel of where the neck sits.

Funny you should ask, as I just started a thread about my next purchase and I'm so damn excited I'll whore it here too. Fender CS 1960 relic. Fiesta red, flame maple neck w/ '59 profile.

r49463_f.jpg

• Members

I love any SG, except the ones that don't play well. Faded, custom, beat to hell, whatever .... And though not everyone does, I actually like the feel of those faded finishes.

MY next guitar related outlay is probably a trip to a rheumatologist to get a handle on my arthritis ... after that though two things, some P-90s for my LP, and a midsized amp, Jet City is kinda in the lead there.

I think I am starting to get arthritis. I have to take off my wedding ring a lot. At the moment, my middle and ring finger of my right hand are killing me. I don't know what it is, but I am guess arthritis.:mad:

• Members

Nice. I have my next guitar incoming: a black 50's Roadworn Strat with aftermarket pickups. Now I just have to figure out how to explain it to the wife.
:facepalm:

I really like the Roadworn Strats. They sound fantastic unplugged.

• Members

the gibson sg is awesome, i had one for a while loved the guitar. mine used to be a 2003 model, and i dont know if they changed the specs on them since, but i played one at GC the other day nad the necks feel HUGE, i remember mine as having a thinner neck more like a 60s neck, not the current 50s Boat hull.

oddly enough my next purchase is sorta one of those SGs, but i want to try and find and 2003 or earlier model to see if the necks are indeed thinner and what i like. if they are not and the necks still feel huge, im gonna get one of these

preorxvsehoa.jpg

• Members

I think I am going to get a brown faded SG.

28797aaf-cfb4-4153-8891-a349744c1490.jpg

They're a good guitar. I'd recommend getting it from Sweetwater so you can select one with the best matching wood grain. They use at least 3 boards on those, so it's nice when they blend together well. But I have one and really like it.

My next purchases -

Well I've had on order for quite some time now

One of these

793086.jpg

and one of these

777135.jpg

And just 2 days ago I got in line for one of these

BrendonSmall2011NAMMShowDay41odI4iO.jpg

That's not me of course, but it's hard to find pics of the Gibson Dethklok Explorer on the internet at this point. Just some NAMM pics available.

• Members

They're a good guitar. I'd recommend getting it from Sweetwater so you can select one with the best matching wood grain. They use at least 3 boards on those, so it's nice when they blend together well. But I have one and really like it.

My next purchases -

Well I've had on order for quite some time now

One of these

793086.jpg

and one of these

777135.jpg

And just 2 days ago I got in line for one of these

BrendonSmall2011NAMMShowDay41odI4iO.jpg
That's not me of course, but it's hard to find pics of the Gibson Dethklok Explorer on the internet at this point. Just some NAMM pics available.

You are definitely in an acquisition mode. Nice soon to be guitars.

• Members

Nice SG. I like the worn red colour best, but that brown is very nice. :)

As for my next guitar purchase... I'm not sure. Maybe another acoustic of some sort, or perhaps I'll try out a G&L ASAT Tribute to see how they stack up with the US models.

• Members

My next guitar was shipped yesterday. Something a little different (especially now since they stopped production).

A Regenberg Avada SFT in red with black p90s and Klusons.

Cherry-Full-Tilt-to-Left-la.jpg

Satin urethane finish over wood dye. It has a lot in common with that SG, I reckon
:)

Very similar tone. Except, the SG is satin Nitro, so it is 1000 times better. ;)

• Members

You are definitely in an acquisition mode. Nice soon to be guitars.

Afraid so. I've been wavering in my mind about the Epi JB LP and the Gibson Dethklok Explorer (shipping is at least a month off on both), but I'm really looking forward to that Nighthawk (due in around mid February).

It's a turn off for some with a "poplar" body (/maple top) but that just enhances my curiosity of that guitar. With Burstbucker 1 & 2 pickups, I think it will have a lot of vibe. :thu:

Archived