So, I think I decided on a new guitar.

Beckman

• Members

got a clean, broken off headstock that the local luthier can easily fix for a few more bucks.

image.php?type=P&id=3375
:confused::wave:

I would hit that for $120 plus repair. I would probably try to repair it myself though. Especially if it is a clean break. I am not saying it would turn out good, but I would probably try.

• Members

I did a repair on this (my first repair). It worked but I should have wiped off the glue a little better (and it wasn't completely snapped off). I'm going to give this one to a "pro" so it actually can look "like new".

local luthier

http://www.guitardoctor.com/repairs_new.html

well it hasn't busted off again so I guess it was a successful, albeit ugly, repair

I breathed on the crack a few minutes to wet the wood and gooped gorilla glue on it (hey, it's what I had on hand) and clamped it tight for a few days.

repair.jpg

• Members

My next purchase is another project strat that's currently underway. Specs will be a closet classic faded 3 tone sunburst on an alder body and a nicely worn SRO-C neck finished by Mark Jenny, pickups are Klein Jazzycats, electronics will be from RS guitar works, an aged gotoh bridge with Callaham block, and vintage gotoh tuners.

Build should hopefully look similar to this when all is said and done, here's hoping it'll sound as good as it looks.

strat%20front.JPGstrat%20back.JPGNeck%20wear.JPG

• Members

So, I went to WW&BW today. That place it great. I played a bunch of stuff. Narrowed down my alternate list. Lost GAS for some higher end stuff. Definitely lost interest in some lower end stuff.

My new order: LP Studio (if price is right) > Brown SG faded > Gibson V. I think it will still be the SG, 90% sure.

I also played a PRS narrowfield, swamp ash, maple neck. Felt nice, but I did not like the sound. Same goes for the PRS 513 (did not like the feel of that one at all), the pickups sounded sterile. I am not trying to bash them, I always had GAS for both.

front.jpg

I did really liked a Vox Virage. Butter!

VirageDCSB.jpg

Way out of my current price range, but we can dream, can't we?:love:

Archived