BG Lizards... Anyone Experienced?

photon9

• Members

I want to upgrade the pups on my Epi Dot and I've always wanted to try BGs. The description sounds exactly what I'm looking for as I plan to use the Dot almost strictly for a jazz project. Anyone used them? Particularly for jazz? What do you think.

P.S. I might as well upgrade the caps too. Suggestions for that would be sweet also!

P.P.S. Cap suggestions appreciated too :facepalm:

Thanks.

:thu:

• Members

Talk to Bryan (norcal_git_r on this forum). He will help you select the BG that's right for you and then wind it to your specs. He's a great guy to work with. I've yet to be disappointed by anything that I've had him wind for me. He makes some truly great pickups.

• Members

I remember people talking about his lizards and Bryan came up in the post as well saying they are the cleanest, warmest humbucker he makes. I would assume it would be like Duncan's Seth lovers or Slash signature pickups and kind of remember people saying that as well.

• Members

I have the Hellabucker/SmokeStack in my SG and they are just flat out AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I a going to order another set of BG's at some point for sure!

:thu: On my recommendation from my own SG, I believe. Hadn't heard you'd gotten them and I'm pleased my advice works for you. To the OP: I have the aforementioned set and another guit with a Hellarail at the bridge. So far all my experience is with the higher output pups, but I have no reason to think that the others aren't awesome as well. User reports back that up.

• Members

I really wanted to try the Lizards in my Dot, but I couldn't do the wait time. Everyone seems to really like all of Bryan's pup's.

As for wiring, I used this harness and it sounds great and was pretty easy to install (easy for a semi-hollow, still a lot of work though).

Good luck:)

• Members

Son has a set of smokestacks in his Gibson V. What an unreal improvement. Ordered lizards for a Washburn HB35 a couple of weeks ago. In addition to Bryan's wait time, I thought about Seths, or 57s for two weeks before I ordered them. :facepalm:

Archived