Need a new Computer....

• Members

One of the things that I do in my silly business is to transfer old family 8mm films to DVD. I was in progress with a project when the old computer died. Tonight I finished and burned the project (12 3" 8mm reels) to the DVD and all went very well. I had fewer problems with this than I had been having using Pinnacle Studio 12 as my software. All went well and I got the project burned to the DVD. Still got to design a label and box cover and then it's done. Good deal. Still haven't done any kind of sound check since 8mm film is silent, but hope to mess with that tomorrow during the day and experiment record a live band on Wed. evening. We shall see how that goes. It's nice to have the video stuff going at this point since I have some back up projects in house that I have had to put off for a short while.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That afternoon my brother called from Minnesota (me in Florida). He said that my conversation made NO sense and that I should go to the hospital. I drove there and they sent me to emergency. I ended up staying there a week and having a stone larger than a golf ball removed from my brain.
:facepalm:
I was never in pain and released this past Wed.

Whoooaaaaaaaaa. Glad you seem to be okay now. What the hell was the stone?

• Members

Well, here we go. I'm not wild about releasing this publically, but I think since I mentioned the early problem it's appropriate. The stone was a part of cancer on the brain. Very serious. I am at level IV with Astrocytoma GBM, not at all a good situation. I have known this since the hospital stay. I'm getting radiation treatment every M-F 10:45 and just received the chemo treatment a couple of days ago and have started taking that yesterday.

The main thing is that I intend to continue doing things that I enjoy and things that I have always wanted to try. I want to do more location recording of bands and intend to find a way to properly contact local (or national) bands playing locally to do more of this. It is something that I really enjoy so why not chase the business and fun. Just yesterday I was on a local radio program along with two of my recording customers from the past few months. I was on as an audio guy, not a sicko ;). It was a good time and the show was actully quite good, but I forgot to pass on my contact information during the show. THe show host loved and was very surprised at the quality recordings that I got from these two bands. :) I should have passed on my website and phone number, but was too busy having a good time to remember to do that. If interested, the program runs as a repeat on Monday morning at 6:00AM eastern time: http://www.waxe1370.com/mediaplayer/ It's pretty early, but you might get a kick. Speaking of doing things that I always wanted to try, one of the items for many years was to build my own computer. Building one was only done because of my thoughts after finding everything out. I thank everyone who had suggestions as it went quite well. I'm still having some problems making some of my audio equipment work, but, it'll come. I have a Presonus Firestudio 26x26 and a Presonus Digimax FS. THe Firestudio works fine, the FS isn't seen by the computer and, when plugged into the Firestudio kills it. The combo worked great on the now deceased (and thrown away) computer.

I have two properties here other than the house I live in. I have put both on the market to sell. This way I could live higher and not worry about how to pay bills at all. Anyone wanna buy a house or a commercial building? :)

• Members

Jesus man. What can be said, but we are sending you good vibes and try to stay as non stressed and positive as possible. Yeah keep doing what you love and stay occupied.

Hang in there, that chemo stuff takes some determination, you can dig up what you need, it's in you, just know that.

Archived