help

arkansasmatt

• Members

I'm guessing JCM800, Bass on 5, Treble on 8, Mids on 3, bridge pickup with the volume and tone on the guitar rolled down to about 7 or 8... just enough to take fizz off.

Of course, it's been about 12 or 13 years since I plugged into my JCM800 though and mine was a combo with an G12H65.

This should get you pretty close, but it's even better if you have a short-ass drummer with a teeny tiny dick.

Hey... it's what I heard. :idk:

• Members

mids around 1 wt bout bass and treb

Does your keyboard have all the keys?

To actually answer your question, though, Poppa Het's classic tones are from a Mesa-Boogie Mark IIc+ with the mids scooped big time. Then all his guitars are equipped with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 60 in the neck.

• Members
Does your keyboard have all the keys?

To actually answer your question, though, Poppa Het's classic tones are from a Mesa-Boogie Mark IIc+ with the mids scooped big time. Then all his guitars are equipped with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 60 in the neck.

That's about what I thought; I am pretty sure that he was a big MkIIc+ user.

• Members

i would think you could get a pretty decent early metallica tone with that jcm 800. like kill 'em all, ride the lightning kind of tones. turn the pre amp up, bass and treble up, like someone said, put the mids around 1 or 2

did i read in an earlier post that you put EMG's in your goth explorer? that'll help.

as far as current tones, i don't think you'll get it without putting out tons of dollars... i think he uses a diezel head (not sure but i think those run between 4 and 5 grand) along with tons of rack stuff. i think theres a gear list on metallica's website too...

Archived