New Foo Fighters single "Rope"

ashasha

• Members

[video=youtube;At3rZUgQsh8]

I remember a few weeks ago someone posting the interview with Dave Grohl about how they recorded this album in a garage on all analog equipment.

Yes I am a bit bias because I think that Dave is a real talent, but this song sounds frickin' heavy and I like it like that.

• Members

Thanks for posting that. I caught the second half of the song on the radio, thought it was someone else and also thought it probably wouldn't be on the radio if it weren't the Foo Fighters. Not bad, I can hear some of the Pat Smear influence in the melodic guitar lines contrasting the rhythm chords, which is much needed compared to the simplicity of the last several albums. Still, doesn't rock as hard as they used to. Sounds very Rush-esque, probably a big Taylor Hawkins influence. Speaking of which, its his best drum sound on tape yet, which isn't saying much, and I still don't like his drumming.

• Members

In the other thread on this topic, I mentioned how I wish they'd get back to the raw, punk-inspired energy of that first self-titled album... the one Dave recorded on his own when In Utero was still fresh in his system. This sounds a bit more polished than that but still more hard-rocking than their wimpier adult contemporary stuff, so I'm liking it! It's good! It's kind of like The Colour And The Shape 2.0

I just added this new album to my "ones to buy" list.

Archived