New Project form GFS or a new SX guitar?

zantor9

• Members

Which one of the two should i go for? My project is going to be a Flame maple Telecaster with my old Seymour duncan Hot rails in the bridge, a chrome GFS neck pup, black hardware, modern tele style bridge and locking tuners. A great METAL tele if that's even possible :cop::lol:

The SX is half the price, but i won't have fun assembling it :lol:

eg4stdbotwr5.jpg

So it's Parts-tele (~$280) vs. SX EG4 yada yada (~$150)

Here's a pic of the tele body:

Unfinished-Highly-Figured-Flamed-maple-B

oh and i meant to say FROM not FORM :facepalm:

• Members

you can switch out that low pickup ring at least...

I'd rather have the GFS puncher than the hot rails.

I think I'd rather have a Rondo guitar though, there are some teles and stuff, the SPAD ones look decent too.

Idk i love my Hot rails but maybe that's just me. It's pretty old now from my old guitar but i haven't tried anything from Rondo yet so i'm a little skeptical.

• Members

Which one of the two should i go for? My project is going to be a Flame maple Telecaster with my old Seymour duncan Hot rails in the bridge, a chrome GFS neck pup, black hardware, modern tele style bridge and locking tuners. A
great METAL tele if that's even possible
:cop::lol:

Yes, it's very possible.... :wave:

John+5.jpg

• Members

Never has any experience with SX although i hear they are very good at the price point. With my GFS build, i was a little dissapointed with the weight of the Xaviere JT-40 body, its VERY light. Too light for me.

Somehow i have it in my head that a heavy weighted body = better quality more dense wood = fuller toanz? I could be totally wrong, but i'm still not likely to change my mind on that one ;)

I do like the feel of a heavy guitar on my shoulders too. Im sure the weight on mines will come up once i install the floyd and hardware though :)

• Members

I would rather have a flame unfinished body
:D

If you are considering going with an unfinished body then I HIGHLY suggest you spend a bit more and get in contact with Jeff Head at headguitars.com. Here's the thread on my mahogany strat body he made for me ($100 shipped): http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2736920-HeadGuitars-guitar-bodies He might have some flame maple lying around and you could get it with a more substantial wood than the Paulownia the GFS bodies use. Anyway, I've got a Walnut tele body getting made by him as well....can't wait, love me some Walnut.

• Members

If you are considering going with an unfinished body then I HIGHLY suggest you spend a bit more and get in contact with Jeff Head at headguitars.com. Here's the thread on my mahogany strat body he made for me ($100 shipped):
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2736920-HeadGuitars-guitar-bodies
He might have some flame maple lying around and you could get it with a more substantial wood than the Paulownia the GFS bodies use. Anyway, I've got a Walnut tele body getting made by him as well....can't wait, love me some Walnut.

Not a bad idea...i may get ahold of them because i love that body on your thread. Thanks for the HEADs up :lol::thu:

Archived