NGD - Custom Shop Jackson SL2H

maltomario

• Members

Wow, stunning instrument. I really like the white on white vibe - surprisingly classy. Congrats on your acquisition!

My own USA Soloist is one of the better necks I've ever played, I need to get some new/better shots of that one.

One thing people who don't own these guitars don't realize: the paint is amazing - you could shave in the mirror-like finish.

Mine still looks new over a decade after I bought it. No relic here!

• Members

5500076206_f788db92a8_b.jpg

white/metallic/translucent is pure win sauce.

white bobbins... had to be done.

chrome hardware instead of black MUCH classier and cleaner.

chrome pickup rings tie it all together.

fucking hawt :love::love::love:

might be the best Jackson i've ever seen... re-post these here and take over!

• Members

Not my style, but damn that is gorgeous!!

You'd have to play like a hero to be able to pull that guitar off. I see a guy wielding that thing and I expect to hear some seriously awesome {censored}. lol. She's a beauty!

• Members

Dealing with untrustworthy venue owners, flakey musicians, band drama, drunks and general scumbags in bars kinda took all the wind out of my sails.

Might play out again someday, but I will be setting my sights much higher.

THAT is exactly what drove me away from playing live:cry:

Absolutely AWESOME looking SL2!!:thu:

• Members

you should name the guitar La Flama Blanca after Kenny Powers in season 2 of Eastbound and Down
:lol:

Awesome looking guitar and please post more pics of your game room/guitar room/man cave/fun town

ok here are a few more pics of man cave. keep in mind i haven't repalced carpet yet or added trim molding to bottom of walls.

5442732638_364e82d707_b.jpg

here's a built-in bookcase I built for my books and stuff:

5442913228_68c86e4b54_b.jpg

pic of the main room

5341234982_815897c77b_b.jpg

5341248302_78806f54a7_b.jpg

here's what the other half looks like.. still working on this, drywall soon! the far wall i have ethernet drops in, and all my speaker wire for my basement home theatre/media/game room

5463530094_15bb517639_b.jpg

5462929673_25b6ef9b2e_b.jpg

there will be a wetbar in the one corner so I planned out a layout that will work in the space. note the key details!

5330627722_a47713993e_b.jpg

here's my network center, just wired this up last week. cat6 FTMFW

5496549639_0e09cb3166_b.jpg

i'm doing all the work myself so its a slow going process (as time/money permits)

here's an in-progress pic when I was drywalling the guitar room side

5028419428_33facd5ebe_b.jpg

• Members

Damn, you do some pretty nice work. I like your diagrams too. I could probably only write BEER and draw an arrow from it to the kegerator haha. If I get to the point where I am designing a mancave I'd definitely need to hire people to do the work.

• Members

Damn, you do some pretty nice work. I like your diagrams too. I could probably only write BEER and draw an arrow from it to the kegerator haha. If I get to the point where I am designing a mancave I'd definitely need to hire people to do the work.

nah man, I bet you could do it. I'm an engineer who works on computers all day - i'm not naturally handy - i just bought the right tools and taught myself. Lots of great resources on the internet too on all sorts of construction techniques. granted I've come a long way from when I didn't even know how to use a screwgun, but you could do the same thing. it just takes a little determination and maybe a little bravado. I made lots of mistakes (like for instance, while mudding drywall - put too much on at once and made sanding a PITA). The nice thing is that mistakes can be fixed and its a learning opportunity. I will say its a lot of work to do by yourself though. Wish my son (2yrs) was old enough to help, would have made things much easier. =)

Archived