Sweetwater rules!!!

guitarcats

• Members

Yeah, they're great. The only issue I've ever had with them is when I tried to order a Gibson J45 from them. The site said there was a short wait. After I ordered, they called and told me it would be a good couple of months. I said no to that as I wasn't waiting two months for a guitar that is pretty well always in stock everywhere on earth online or physical store. They kind of pushed me saying that it was a special order and that once it's placed they usually don't let you cancel. They still let me cancel of course, but still kind of bugged me they tried to push me to keep the order.

• Members

If you ask them not to call anymore, they won't.

+1

If you ask, they will comply.

They are a great company....

OT Story:

Yesterday I went to GC because I wanted to buy a midi controller, something cheap ($70).... This is my regular store, most people in there know me, BUT my regular sales guy wasn't there... I browse around, I waited by the counter, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, I got fed up so after waiting 20 mins, I walked out...

Guess who I am buying this controller from??? SWEETWATER!

:wave:

Omar :thu:

• Members

I asked not to be called and haven't been called since. I do occasionally get an email from my Sales Rep and that's fine.

I just picked up a Flashback delay from them. Only complaint...no Bits O' Honey in the box
:cop:
!

Funny that you mentioned that... I have requested for all the orders to get some Bits O'Honey and no more catalogs... they are very good at following that.... AND once I received a Jar FULL of candy from them (I made a joke to my sales rep about candy and I placed a large order)...

They are great!

Only if they would get better stocking options from Gibson (usually, they are last to get the new products, or they do not get any!)

• Members

You guys ought to look for a forumite here name LoopQuantum. He's a sales guy there. He is awesome, won't EVER call you to solicit sales, knows his stuff and is generally a really cool guy. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him.

• Members

I've had nothing but great experiences with them. I like the phone call after I place an order.

And they only call me once in a great while to see if I need anything. It's not a hassle at all.

The only complaint I have is that, right now, it seems like they don't have a lot of stuff in stock.

Everything I'm interested in ..... it says ..... "coming soon" or "worth waiting for..." or "we can order it......" meh......

• Members

I do alot of price comparisons. Sweetwater is still higher priced for most items. Even when they have things on sale, they are still more expensive than other online vendors. I'd also say if someone has free time to call you then its likely that employee is dead weight which raises costs to the buyers. So long as someone gets me what I ordered within a reasonable time frame, I'll recomend them. Or if I need to call or email them and dont have to jump through hoops to get a problem resolved its the same deal.

Sweetwater does have the high end stuff listed and if you need it then they are an option but its not like you're going to save money buying there.

I did for example a check on two items. First I did an epi beatle bass, They had the same price as a few other vendors. What they call a price drop is simply the going price.

The second item I did was a boss 880. Sweetwater wants $478 with they're so called price drop, and B&H wants $379. Thats $99 less that Sweetwater as you can see in the links.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DR880/

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/359578-REG/Boss_DR_880_DR_880_Dr_Rhythm_.html

So for some items you may pay the same as others, for other items, they charge way too much which is why I dont buy there. Like I said I do alot of research checking prices and can nearly always find a better deal.

• Members
No they don't.... My sales engineer is great, he calls ONCE in a GREAT WHILE to check if there is anything I need, and you know, usually I am about to get cables, strings or something, so I buy...

This type of customer service is not found in many stores anymore...

+1

If you ask, they will comply.

They are a great company....

OT Story:

Yesterday I went to GC because I wanted to buy a midi controller, something cheap ($70).... This is my regular store, most people in there know me, BUT my regular sales guy wasn't there... I browse around, I waited by the counter, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, I got fed up so after waiting 20 mins, I walked out...

Guess who I am buying this controller from??? SWEETWATER!

Omar
:thu:

My rep calls about every 3-4 months which I dont mind because it reminds me to buy more gear:thu:

• Members

I do alot of price comparisons. Sweetwater is still higher priced for most items. Even when they have things on sale, they are still more expensive than other online vendors.
I'd also say if someone has free time to call you then its likely that employee is dead weight
which raises costs to the buyers. So long as someone gets me what I ordered within a reasonable time frame, I'll recomend them. Or if I need to call or email them and dont have to jump through hoops to get a problem resolved its the same deal.

Sweetwater does have the high end stuff listed and if you need it then they are an option but its not like you're going to save money buying there.

I did for example a check on two items. First I did an epi beatle bass, They had the same price as a few other vendors. What they call a price drop is simply the going price.

The second item I did was a boss 880. Sweetwater wants $478 with they're so called price drop, and B&H wants $379. Thats $99 less that Sweetwater as you can see in the links.

So for some items you may pay the same as others, for other items, they charge way too much which is why I dont buy there. Like I said I do alot of research checking prices and can nearly always find a better deal.

Actually....... a salesperson who doesn't make calls is dead weight... not the other way around.

And, while it's true that Sweetwater is more pricey than others ........ you can easily get a discount by calling up your "sales engineer".

The guy I deal with always gives me a significant discount. All I have to do is ask.

• Members

I do alot of price comparisons. Sweetwater is still higher priced for most items. Even when they have things on sale, they are still more expensive than other online vendors. I'd also say if someone has free time to call you then its likely that employee is dead weight which raises costs to the buyers. So long as someone gets me what I ordered within a reasonable time frame, I'll recomend them. Or if I need to call or email them and dont have to jump through hoops to get a problem resolved its the same deal.

B&H usually doesn't offer warranty with their purchase, makes it optional, and Sweetwater does, always.

I once asked Sweetwater to price match B&H and they split it at half, while still giving me the additional warranty.

• Members

A family member got me the Vox battery-powered amp for Christmas this year. Sweetwater was the only one who had it at the time, AFAIK. Same price as advertised elsewhere, and it came with candy and a music magazine. Little things like that go a long way, IMO.

• Members

B&H usually doesn't offer warranty with their purchase, makes it optional, and Sweetwater does, always.

I once asked Sweetwater to price match B&H and they split it at half, while still giving me the additional warranty.

If they'll match prices then thats fine. I have no need for warrantees myself because I'm an electronic tech. For those who think the extra cost is worth it, then its something to be looked at. Many products have manufacturer warrantees so having two warrantees makes no sence. For lower cost items they usually arent worth the shipping cost which you would pay in all cases. You also have to register products with the manufacturer for the warrantee to be good with sweetwater so knowing those fine details are important.

I usually find if somethings bad, it will be bad when you get it or soon after. Most vendore will do a return at no cost within a few weeks, warrantee or no warrantee. (unless you're buying from Ebay and even there you do have buyers protection if you elect to have it)

• Members

Extended Warranties are one of the biggest cons in the business. Where many retailers make their money so that really means nothing to me. On the other hand, Sweetwater is a pretty cool place to deal with but they are higher priced than many online retailers.

I just bought a set of 4 Gibson Top Hat Knobs with the gold metal inserts as I really couldn't find them anywhere else as low as Sweetwaters price. I kinda dread the follow up call after I get them though---- "Hi Steve, just want to check in with ya and see how you are enjoying your 4 new knobs!":facepalm: Do I just tell them they are really cool and spinning nicely or what?

• Members

Extended Warranties are one of the biggest cons in the business. Where many retailers make their money so that really means nothing to me.

I agree with you in that, BUT it never fails, you get something without a warranty and it FAILS!!!

Most places charge a "hefty" premium for this warranty.... with Sweetwater is free.... Just an example: I bought my Tech21 Power Engine 60 in June 2009, It just started acting up, I called my Sales Engineer, check that it is still covered under the warranty, I sent it in, and now I am waiting to be repair!! No charge (only shipping to them)...

I still shop a few things local, but whenever I can, I order from Sweetwater, they ROCK :rawk:

Archived