NGD!!!!

venusshore

• Members

Bought a Fender Road Worn 50's Strat today from bestbuy

It was a display unit.

However, this display unit plays better than a new one, heavier, better v neck, sounds better as well IMO.

Really like the sound.

I know I may can find cheaper one on forum/ebay etc. however I may not find one with same sound.

Most expensive guitar I ever bought until now!!!

Here are the pics:

attachment.php?attachmentid=333420&d=130

attachment.php?attachmentid=333421&d=130

attachment.php?attachmentid=333422&d=130

attachment.php?attachmentid=333423&d=130

attachment.php?attachmentid=333424&d=130

• Members

I've never understood the appeal of 'road-worn' guitars. What's the point of buying a guitar for a lot of money if you get it {censored}ed up already? Where's the fun in that?
:p

This is a NGD, so it's not cool to rain on the OP's parade. You may not understand but some guys actually buy guitars looking for quality, playability and tone... while others go for looks, even if the guitar is a total POS... like... lets say... an Epi LP 100

:lol:

• Members

Congrats Venusshore! Nice looking Strat! Very cool you got to try a few and picked the one you liked best. A lot of guys here don't care for the finish but even so, most agree they're terrific players!

:thu:

This is a NGD, so it's not cool to rain on the OP's parade. You may not understand but some guys actually buy guitars looking for quality, playability and tone... while others go for looks, even if the guitar is a total POS... like... lets say... an Epi LP 100

EXACTLY! Thanks for this. This is great tone in this price range IMO. one of the "better value"

• Members

HNGD!

I'm going to be a little douche-like and say I'm one that doesn't particularly care for the finish, but I've tried a couple and they played well enough that the finish became quite a minor consideration.

I do care about finish - I want to get EJ strat ultimately. But now I just like the feeling of this one.

• Members

I do care about finish - I want to get EJ strat ultimately. But now I just like the feeling of this one.

EJ's are definitely very nice guitars. But you have a player on yours hands with your NGD!! Have fun with her!!!

• Members

I've never understood the appeal of 'road-worn' guitars. What's the point of buying a guitar for a lot of money if you get it {censored}ed up already? Where's the fun in that?

This is a unique perspective that I've yet to hear voiced on this forum.

:rolleyes:

HNGD!!! She's a beaut Clark!

• Members

I dig the guitar. I've played a couple of them that were truly amazing feeling.

Stunning insight, brah. :thu:

• Members

Congrats Venusshore! Nice looking Strat! Very cool you got to try a few and picked the one you liked best. A lot of guys here don't care for the finish but even so, most agree they're terrific players!

Hahaa my bad, I still think it's a kickass guitar (HNGD!!!) and meant no disrespect, sorry if anyone took it the wrong way. :( The LP 100 is a POS, i'll be the first to admit it, my dad bought it used off a pawn shop as my first guitar :p

Archived