New Jam Tracks

mnewb1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Been crazy busy lately but finally got a chance to lay down a track for this jam.

I went
with my Vintage V100WR

Man, I was hoping you'd show up! Haunting, excellent tone, a perfect Gilmourish compliment to the track...but it's Frets, I would expect nothing else.

Man, I was hoping you'd show up! Haunting, excellent tone, a perfect Gilmourish compliment to the track...but it's Frets, I would expect nothing else.

Thanks. You are too kind, my friend. :o I always enjoy a good Gilmour romp.

• Members

And a sleepy eyed first thing morning take on
!

Used my MIJ Strat with the middle pup. It is not attached to the tone control so it's a wide open gold lace pup from the early 90's. Also using Presonus Studio one presets.

Surftacular Goodness!

• Members

Couldn't resist....trying out a new technique for recording guitars, thanks all for giving me the push to try it out!

NTM an excuse to play my new VM Jazzmaster. I think it sounds pretty dang good (the guitar, I'm a hack). Everyone did an awesome job here!

I agree, that Jazzmaster sounds excellent...I like th esolo too! Good Job!

• Members

Richey that was great...as most of these are...

And now for a lowering of the average quality

I struggled mightly with the Gilmour track and actually went and listened to some clips (which I try not to do normally) because I couldnt find a suitable groove. I finally got something that I was ok enough with to post here. Hopefully the feedback I get will help me move forward (it's hard when you are a talentless and old hack...:wave:). Oh the stuff around 2:20 was intentional. I was trying to find a way to break out of doing the same old stuff so I did some experimenting...I think the lab blew up :eek: but I left it anyways

Unhappy Gilmour

I also took a shot at the stones one. I didn't have any luck with the WS one as yet just can't seem to find anything that will work :idk:. The Stones one seemed fun and though I did struggle with some ideas and mistakes (anything over about 2 minutes and there's a good chance I'll be out of things to do as my bag of tricks is pretty small) I felt better about it then the Gilmour one at least when playing them through.

Stones Jam

• Members

No worries Nuke, a little constructive crit: it sounds a little forced.....I like the tone, try adding some 'verb or a delay and just going with the groove. The notes selected are good (except maybe around 2:20 like you said). Just feels....stiff. Loosen up and have fun with it.

• Members

Thanks Richey

That remains a problem for me and sometimes I recognize it and sometimes I don't not sure why. Usually it's worse if I struggle with something like I did with the Gilmour one and it's less of a problem if I don't. I start thinking about what to do next and when I start to do that I get mechanical and I also tend to drop into doing the same kind of move (usually 2 notes played twice with the same tempo IIRC, I'm sure there are some in both tracks :(). The odd thing was that I thought (before I tried to record a note) that the Gilmour one was fun and I had a good time playing it...then I recorded it and :facepalm:. Guess all I can do is keep at it and hopefully you guys will help me out

• Members

Thanks Richey

That remains a problem for me and sometimes I recognize it and sometimes I don't not sure why. Usually it's worse if I struggle with something like I did with the Gilmour one and it's less of a problem if I don't. I start thinking about what to do next and when I start to do that I get mechanical and I also tend to drop into doing the same kind of move (usually 2 notes played twice with the same tempo IIRC, I'm sure there are some in both tracks
:(
). The odd thing was that I thought (before I tried to record a note) that the Gilmour one was fun and I had a good time playing it...then I recorded it and
:facepalm:
. Guess all I can do is keep at it and hopefully you guys will help me out

Keep at it , Man! I really enjoy seeing you in the jams and this is a great vehicle to get everyone to play and practice!

• Members
Thanks Richey

That remains a problem for me and sometimes I recognize it and sometimes I don't not sure why. Usually it's worse if I struggle with something like I did with the Gilmour one and it's less of a problem if I don't. I start thinking about what to do next and when I start to do that I get mechanical and I also tend to drop into doing the same kind of move (usually 2 notes played twice with the same tempo IIRC, I'm sure there are some in both tracks
:(
). The odd thing was that I thought (before I tried to record a note) that the Gilmour one was fun and I had a good time playing it...then I recorded it and
:facepalm:
. Guess all I can do is keep at it and hopefully you guys will help me out

Aye Cap'n! Maybe fire up a cartoon or some mindless drivel to look at with the sound off and cut a track while you have something to perhaps keep you from over-thinking it. Just a thought. I am the world's worst teacher, but like mnewb1 sez, keep at it! No judgements here, the thing I love is that everyone has your back ROCK ON!!!

Archived