Hum Cancelling Tele Pickup options

twotimingpete

• Members

One of the simple pleasures in life can be pumping a ton of boost and gain through a typical tele bridge pickup.

Problem? It's noisy... Sometimes very noisy.

Have been thinking about trying one of the several pickup options out there that promises real tele sounds with hum cancelage.

Anyone try this?

http://curtisnovak.com/pickups/tel-hc.shtml

A bit pricier, but if it's awesome then I'd consider it.

What about the Fender noiseless ones?

• Members

If you don't mind paying a bit more, then I'd highly recommend the Kinmans. The current benchmark for noiseless Fender pickups; very vintage-sounding but without the noise. I love the Woodstock+ set in my Strat.

• Members

IThe current benchmark for noiseless Fender pickups; very vintage-sounding but without the noise..

This.

Also, I just met a tele player with an Amer Std Tele and he put a set of EMG SAs in. It was totally quiet, but surprisingly retained a great tele twang.

• Members

Can I recommend the Dimarzio Fast Track T? When I get more funds I am getting one for my tele copy.

I put a Dimarzio Fast Track 1 in my Strat copy. What can I say, it's a low out put Humbucker that focuses on the mids a tad more.

It still has bell like chime while playing clean and it twangs, clucks and sounds open. One more thing about the FT 1(5.75 k) it doesn't really over power the neck and middle single coil pickups. I must admit I though it was a little bright, but not in a bad way.

I have another guitar with a BG pure 90 in it and when my overdrive is engaged there is not too too much difference other than slightly focused mids(too my ears any way).

I know you talking Tele here but, I had Dimarzio Area pick ups for my Strat and they didn't work out (as a matter of fact nightmare)

Dimarzio FT T may not be your thing, but it's a lot cheaper than the Novak and hey, it might surprise you.

Did I mention it's dead quiet?

• Members

There's the Dimarzio stacks and side by side pickups, Seymour Duncan stacks and side by side pickups, and Bill Lawrence Wilde stacks and side by side pickups.

Personally I just ordered a set of Wilde side by sides for my HSS guitar...I'll post up some clips and thoughts when they come in this weekend.

• Members

Interesting you bring this up - I just finished an install of Dimarzio Area Ts in my Tele on Sunday. They are quiet, and they sound good. I'm not a Tele expert so I can't really give you an in depth review. Only problem is now I have to go back in because I used the springs on the mounting screws. Should have used tubing.

Archived