How much money are you playing through?

notjonahbutnoah

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really depends on the rig that I use for a particular gig...I'll bring a radically different setup to an R&B/Funk gig than I would a Hard Rock cover band gig, and a different setup for a pseudo-country type gig. Some are substantially more (or less) than others.

Most of that has to do with what amp setup and configuration I decide to use.

• Members

It changes day to day...

Lately: Squier HM Strat>VS Route 66>Vox Time Machine>Maxon Chorus>Lexicon LXP 15>Lexicon Signature 284>Two 1X12 Eminence loaded cabs.

All approximations: $100>$120>$180>$160>$120>$450>$220

TOTAL = ~$1,350 for a pawn shop special into a 6-watt stereo rig. :lol:

Sounds delightful though. :love:

• Members

No gigs so I'll take that as a greenlight to buy more gear. :thu:

All said, no computer {censored}, just guitars, effects, monitors and stuff a little over $10k in real money spent give or take.

To do a show probably about $3-4k depending on which two guitars I would take.

But you have to remember that $2k of that is just the AxeFX Ultra. I imagine that if I lose that and go amp/pedalboard I could knock another $500-1K from either total.

• Members

Vox AC-15C1: (stock): got it used for $345

Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard (upgraded and even has a nitro finish on the neck so that it doesn't feel overly glossy and cheap): got it used with all the upgrades for $400

Maxon OD-808 pedal: (stock): got it used for $60

So $805 total. I've bought and sold numerous other amps and electric guitars and this has been the setup I've been happiest with, and I don't see myself changing any of it anytime soon. Not bad at all in my opinion :cool:

Oh and the value of the gear if I bought new would have been $600 for the Vox, $900 for the Epiphone, and $150 for the Maxon. So it would have been $1,650.

• Members

Interesting thread. Here's my usual rig:

ES-335 - $1,800
'72 Vibrolux - $1,000
Zendrive - $200
Boss ME-20 - $150
MXR Phase 90 - $50
Clean Boost - $50
Monster cables - $50
Pedalboard, case and One Spot - $100

Total - $3,400. If I had to replace everything it would easily be double that amount. That's just my guitar stuff. I'm also the lead singer, so I use a Digitech Vocalist VL-2, and provide a small PA, so I have about another $2,000 tied up in that gear.

• Members

There are worse ways to spend money.

At least with gear, you have a good chance of getting back your investment if not some profit. Plus along the way you can get some major enjoyment playing. There arent many hobbies or professions you can do that with. Spend it on other things especially women or partying and its gone, never to be seen again.

• Members

Seems like a ton of money, but I mean, think about people who like auto racing, 10 k would most definitely not get them a pro level car.

Most of my stuff has been acquired over the past 20 years and I estimate I have about $25K in everything, including my modest PA (I have about a 110# in just cables), strings, everything. I don't have a motorcycle, hot rod or a boat, I don't even play golf and I know guys who spend that on golf in a couple of years. My Ex never realized how low-maintenance I was.

But I'm not bitter.

Archived