EXOdesk - touchscreen desk HTML5 apps

Phait

• Members

I think if you`re a DJ, this would work well. Considering that DJ`ing is a performance in and of itself. Honestly, I could care less about what a DJ looks like or how they "act" while DJ`ing.

Something like this in an actual studio setting looks like it would be painful after a while. Most engineers are sitting down for several hours and once again, reaching out to tweak for several minutes would get painful/tiresome after a while, let alone a few hours.

In the end, this looks like another futile attempt to try and re-invent the wheel... or in this case, the mouse. Only time will tell. It seems like these conventions are a big waste of time and when you think about the $$$ being spent to build and put on these elaborate shows to try to convince the public that they need yet another "toy", its just another :facepalm: to me.

• Members

Wouldn't have to be a DAW entirely, but an HTML5 touchscreen control interface

I was actually kidding, cuing off Endgadget's puffery.

Apps specifically designed for the EXOdesk, coded in HTML5, will be available from the EXOstore. The company has already announced a number of planned programs, including a news reader, virtual keyboards, board games and musical instruments.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived