Best Way Of Hiding Tail Piece Stud Bushings

jumpwin

• Members

I'm sticking a Bigsby on my Epi Dot. But I've realised that the stud bushings are going to stand out like an adams apple on a transvestite. Has anyone replaced their tailpiece and had the same dilema? What did you do?

• Members

I'm on my iPad and am having an issue posting inmates but I got on eBay a "Custom Made" plaque like the ones Gibson used to put on guitars when they put Bigsbys on them in the factory. Comes with double side tape and it sticks right on. Looks great and gives that vintage vibe.

Edit - looks like this but mine is a copy I got for 10 bucks. http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-1960-1964-ES-345-355-Custom-Made-Plaque-/170633654643?pt=Guitar&hash=item27ba8ef173#ht_500wt_922 - I can try to search my eBay and find the dude I got it from if you want. PM me.

Edit again - I just looked back and I think the dude's eBay name is aiguitars.

• Members

I'm on my iPad and am having an issue posting inmates but I got on eBay a "Custom Made" plaque like the ones Gibson used to put on guitars when they put Bigsbys on them in the factory. Comes with double side tape and it sticks right on. Looks great and gives that vintage vibe.

Edit - looks like this but mine is a copy I got for 10 bucks.
- I can try to search my eBay and find the dude I got it from if you want. PM me.

Edit again - I just looked back and I think the dude's eBay name is aiguitars.

Top tip! Just what the doctor ordered. Thanks

• Members

I'm not sure that would work on a 335-style. The tailpiece is a lot further away from the bottom strap button. Do they make one for semi-hollow bodies?

Interesting they do make a V5 kit they say is for 335s that works with a Bigsby B5 trem, but the B5 trem doesn't have the tailpiece contraption that mounts over the strap button peg. I want one of these Vibramates to use for a 335 guitar that will take a Bigsby B7. Has anyone done this before on a DOT or Ibanez Artcore AS/AM73?

• Members

Maybe they can engrave a plate that says "Hiding studs under here"? To me that stands out like a sore thumb. I know Gibson did it, but.

If it is a horeseshoe style Bigsby, you can pretty much hide the bosses by positioning it over the bosses.

For a trapeze style, you could just pick up a couple black plastic plugs at Ace Hardware or any auto supply store and pop them onto the threaded boss. These 1/2" or 5/8" snap caps work nice too:

media.nl?id=14018&c=307160&h=79b462c8e6d

http://www.pro-dec.com/snap-caps

You can also buy "button-head" screws in stainless. Chuck the screw in your drill and spin polish the head up like chrome with a little chrome polish and screw them in. You can get them in phillips or socket head (uses an allen wrench to install).

SSC-SBS.gif

Archived