Guitar of the Future today? Gibson Dark Fire

schiz

• Members

New? Hasn't the Dark Fire been out since the beginning of this year? And why does that accented f'erner have that job and not me?
:mad:

Dunno when it came out to be honest. :idk:

Just ran across it on CNN Online.

As for the accented f'erner... Good point! I would like to have that job too! :mad:

• Members

I played with one a the Opry Mills Gibson store in Nashville, and while it's not my thing, it does what it does so well that I would be tempted to pull the trigger if I didn't have most all of the guitars that it produces the sound of. The biggest turn on for me is the ability to program tunings and recall them with little to no work at all.

• Members

New? Hasn't the Dark Fire been out since the beginning of this year? And why does that accented f'erner have that job and not me?
:mad:

Yes, there have been at least 50 threads about this in the last 6-12 months. But Gibson likes to keep feeding pres releases to news outlets about their digital guitars hoping someone will bite and do a quick story on them.

• Members

Cept for the motorized tuning pegs for those to lazy or tone death to tune their guitars, its gots nothing that hasnt been done by others. Guitars with onboard effects and "simulate" other guitars sound" electronics have been done. But never became popular for several obvious reasons.

• Members

They have one at the GC near work.

The guy I talked to said it won't stay sold. They all come back.

It looked cool as {censored} on the wall, but looks....some {censored}.

Someone may be able to jog my memory, didn't they all have a persistent problem because it was rushed to market?

• Members

Someone may be able to jog my memory, didn't they all have a persistent problem because it was rushed to market?

yeah the robots have been having major issues with the electronics. i think its just way to over engineered. right now its a novelty guitar, but if they get the tuners right you'll probably start seeing it allot on all brands in the next few years.

• Members

You won't see it on a lot of brands, because Gibson bought out the tuner technology and prevented the company from selling the tech. It will remain a strictly Gibson feature for a long while.

if that was the case we would still be useing trs 80s and playing atari.

that bought out that tuner tech..that doesnt mean someone cant build something else..or already has.

• Members

That is pretty cool. Route b string through whammy pedal = instant b-bender. Possibilities are endless.

Personally, I'd rather learn to use a B-bender.

But as far as guitar technology goes, I'm holding out for a guitar that doubles as a mini-nuclear reactor. It'll power your amp and when you're not using it it can power the neighborhood. Hopefully, by then it'll also not only tune itself but even play itself for you. How awesome that would be?:lol:

Archived