A few drinks and late on a Saturday night I gotta say this: I Love My Mustang!

GAS Man

• Members

Pics the boys at SW took of it before shipping it to me a year or so ago.

T096887-detail1-l.jpg

T096887-detail4-l.jpg

T096887-detail2-l.jpg

T096887-front-l.jpg

T096887-body-l.jpg

But it's not the looks, it's the tone. Sure the looks are cool, but they have such a light airy nasally tone to them. The poplar body has this neat hollow-ish tone to it. Plus the out-of-phase switch creates this thinner, dare I say, "out-of-phase" tone that works great clean or provides a whole new dimension for over driven tones. But usually I'm playing with it in phase with either the neck or neck + bridge.

When it comes to guitars, I'm like Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story", I rip open the packaging and then toss them aside reaching for the next present. But this Mustang is truly an exceptionally unique sounding guitar. Possibly my best guitar purchase in that regard. Nothing else I own sounds like it. And there's nothing wrong about the occasional guilty pleasure of a 24" scale with stock 9s. :D It's heaven on the fingers.

I luv you man! :*)

• Members

Question: What happens when you plug a Fender Mustang into a Fender Mustang?

Quantum entanglement, which will result in mystical tones being pulled in from a parallel dimension. Also, your entire sock drawer will magically be matched into pairs.

• Members

Love your Mustang, Gas Man.
:love:
I too am a lover of the Mustang, my most favorite guitar ever.

ju.jpg

Originally I was definitely planning on getting your Mustang color. All of a sudden that Dakota Red took me over. I'm still torn and like them both. My wife, OTOH, was wanting me to go with the Daphne Blue.

Mustang65DPB-large.jpg

• Members

For as long as I've been buying & selling guitars, & as much as I dig mustangs, I hate to admit that I've never owned one; I was always afraid that they'd be too small(?), LOL. Some of my fav gtr players play them, & I love they way they sound. I've owned strats, teles, jags, jazzmasters, but no mustangs. I need a mustang!

• Members

^ Yeah, I kinda think that if you only had 3 electric guitars, it would still have to be a strat, LP and some sort of hollow-body-ish HB or P-90 guitar.

But once you get past 5 to 6 or so "must haves" then I think it's time to make room for a Mustang. I know I've found this one more entertaining than the Jazzmasters or Jaguars I thought I had to have.

Archived