My little girl and I playing Django's Minor Swing (vid inside) :)

Jkater

• Members

freakin awesome. i still can't get enough of the song you posted with the 5 year old singin not too long ago!

Thanks. I found a clip that my second daughter (who was 8 at the time) recorded to a backing track. She sings in french with hardly any german accent (she's trilingual). Very sweet singing:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10668297

• Members

hey J! I finally had a chance to listen to this now and it is impressive. i had the good fortune (and enough common sense) to pick up a django "best of" cd back in college before i knew anything about him and this tune was one of the first ones that really stuck with me. you did a great job on the lead, and your daughter smoked on the backing chord work. well played!

• Members

Fantastic, and what a great memory for you both to have. I'm not into Django, but it's a great choice, cool piece. Absolute TOP comping from your daughter, she did that better than I could have done, and great lead work from yourself. I might have to check some Django out now :-)

Shame about the bored-looking audience, I hope the ones that aren't on shot were appreciating it a bit more!

Archived