Black Country Communion

• Moderators

Can't get over how good Glenn Hughes STILL sounds too! What a great rockin voice at the front!
:thu:

Can't think of any 60s yr olds who have his voice, hell can't even think of many youths who have that voice, but then originally he was a giant singer, just wallowed at tad in Coverdale's shadow

You cleared your PM box out yet?

• Members

Can't think of any 60s yr olds who have his voice, hell can't even think of many youths who have that voice, but then originally he was a giant singer, just wallowed at tad in Coverdale's shadow

:thu:

PM box cleared sir:)

• Members

Hell, it's amazing that he's even ALIVE at 60, what with all he did in the 80s...

• Members

Was never a big Purple fan. The sound clips I've heard on iTunes don't particularly move me but Joe Bonamassa is reason alone for me to get into BBC. Except for those moments when he apes Eric Johnson, Joe is one heluva Brit-Blues Rock player. His tone is ......perfect! His phrasing, bending and intonation are enviable.

• Members

Hell, it's amazing that he's even ALIVE at 60, what with all he did in the 80s...

AND the 70's... Hell he was almost as big an addict (self admittedly) as Tommy Bolin at the time Tommy Bolin overdosed and died. I never knew it but after reading the book about Tommy Bolin called "Touched by Magic" it mentioned that Glenn Hughes started dating Tommy Bolin's ex gf and eventually married her. I think that was part of Tommy Bolin's downward spiral once his girl got snaked by his own bass player.

Archived