NGD! $200 Fender Content

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Yeah, I know I just bought a Charvel, but dammit, when you see an MIM Fender Telecaster in fantastic shape for $200 on Craig's List, you email the motherf*cker.

I picked this up today in a Meijer parking lot. It had 9's on it and played like a dog. The action was all high with bad intonation. Took it home, turned the truss rod (almost a whole turn!), slapped some 11's on there, played with the intonation and in 30 minutes I had a brand spankin new tele with a 60% discount.

Sounds great, feels great, cheap as balls, it IS great. I even like the color.

BEHOLD:

DSCN1137.jpg

DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

• Members

Hell yeah, thanks guys!

I pretty much stole it from him. My guess is that he didn't know the truss rod existed. It's a mean machine for sure.

I may replace the pickups, but for now, they sound fine to my ears.

Oh, and this is technically my second Tele, but my other one breaks a lot of Tele rules:

DSCN1082.jpg

• Members

:wave: THANKS GUYS!!!!! :wave:

It really was quite the deal. The condition is basically new minus a couple of dings in the red. The frets are even shiny.

Is it just me or do Teles like NEED 11s? This guitar loves em.

The red is indeed sweet. I like white and I like all the primary/secondary solid/metallic colors, I really hate the blue agave, sage green, sunburst.... so the red was lucky. But then the maple board? Miracles. Rosewood probably would have been a dealbreaker.

A black guard would look pretty cool I think. Perhaps.

Archived