So... Played a Squier VM Jazzmaster - wow! GAS now darn it

curseoftruth

• Members

While killing some time GC last night waiting for traffic to die down on my way home, I decided to look over the Fenders after seeing some super cool Gibsons. I've always kind of liked Jazzmasters but am really a Gibson guy through and through. After playing the $299 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster in Butterscotch Blonde, I might have to move just a tad over to the Fender camp. Not only did it sound great, but the neck on that thing reminded me of a neck on a super high end MIA Fender Strat. I think I'm late to the party on this one, but I can already tell ya, there will be one of these in my future...

90780.jpg

• Members

Probably because they would sell less of them to the average joe. Tooling up to make them doesn't make sense to a company that big unless they are certain they can hit a certain profit margin. Tons of people want a Strat because Hendrix, Clapton and SRV used them.
People wanting to be Tom Verlaine, Thurston Moore, or Elvis Costello are in much less supply (though they are fine musicians also).

• Members

Probably because they would sell less of them to the average joe. Tooling up to make them doesn't make sense to a company that big unless they are certain they can hit a certain profit margin. Tons of people want a Strat because Hendrix, Clapton and SRV used them.

People wanting to be Tom Verlaine, Thurston Moore, or Elvis Costello are in much less supply (though they are fine musicians also).

:lol: trying to imagine 10 year olds with posters of Tom Verlaine on their wall...

• Members

My seven year niece has a Joan Jett poster on her wall, ya never know! Of course, maybe my niece is just a hip kid......
:D

Ha, awesome. But geez, it would be one cool kid (probably with cool parents or siblings) to have Television paraphenalia. :thu:

Archived