Stupid question what does chromatic tuner mean?

dragoro

• Members

I personally like goldmatic tuners more than chromatic tuners. The goldmatic tuners are a lot classier looking than the chromatic tuners, and for $10 more than the chromatic, well worth the price for prestige.

• Members

A guitar-specific tuner typically just has the notes EADGBE, whereas a chromatic tuner can deal with all twelve notes, allowing you to use it for alternative tunings or other instruments.

• Members

...and, this is my favourite tuner, which can be entered into chromatic tuning mode for my drop tunings.

Usually, I just leave it "normal" mode, where you can strum all six strings at once and see which one of the E-A-D-G-B-E strings are sharp, flat, or dead on.

61zLsm6uq3L._AA1000_.jpg

• Members

Dragoro, The Snark is a great tuner and for acoustic instruments, it allows you to tune in a noisy environment. The snark are all chromatic, meaning they will recognise any notes, not just the ones from a standard guitar/bass tuning. The "all instruments" (red) one is designed to be working with a wide range (many octaves), the other one is designed to be optimal within the guitar and bass range. Hope that helps.

We get a lot of "troll" threads where someone will ask questions or make statements that are not meant to enlarge their/everyone else's knowedge but just to make fun of the community. Forgive the suspicious.

Archived