The Asteroids Galaxie Tour - The Golden Age (Heineken song)

GAS Man

• Members

"The Golden Age"

[video=youtube;q-uUKI7fDjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-uUKI7fDjA

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour is a Danish pop band consisting of vocalist Mette Lindberg and producer Lars Iversen. When performing live the band extends to a six-piece with horn section, featuring Miloud Carl Sabri (trumpet), Sven Meinild (saxophone), Mads Brinch Nielsen (guitar), and Rasmus Valldorf (drums).[1] Lars Iversen is the primary songwriter and producer. Formed in 2007, the band is based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Their debut single, "The Sun Ain't Shining No More", was released on September 15, 2008 on their own label Small Giants. The band is perhaps best known for their single "Around the Bend", which was used in an Apple iPod Touch commercial starting in September 2008, and released as a single in December 2008.

Myer, Australia's largest department store chain, used the song "The Golden Age" to launch their 2009 summer range, and SBS Television used the song "The Golden Age" to promote the US television series Mad Men. Heineken Pilsener also used "The Golden Age" in their 2011 commercial "The Entrance", with the band performing live in the commercial.

[video=youtube;XXKEQB5Fzao]

Breakthrough

Soon after starting out the band's demo was heard by Amy Winehouse who asked them to be her opening act in Copenhagen, which proved to be the band's first proper live show. Not long after that, the track "Around The Bend" was chosen by Apple to be used in the new iPod touch commercial to be aired worldwide from December 2008. Following the success of the commercial, "Around The Bend" went on to become the band's biggest single to date, achieving worldwide recognition and sales, and helping to launch the band onto the international stage.

The band supported Katy Perry on several sold out dates for her summer 2009 European tour.

I was just wondering - who the heck is that chick with the cute pop voice. Shows you how little I know, I was guessing "Avril Lavigne".

Thought I'd post in case anyone else was captured by this ditty. ;)

• Members

I thought it was Avril Lavigne too. Nice to hear some pop music that sounds like it's actually made by human beings playing instruments rather than that canned crap they make in the states. I'm not really feeling it though, sounds a little mid-90s retro. Like the Cardigans being backed by Smash Mouth and Squirrel Nut Zippers. Just personal preference though.

• Members

^ Yeah, I'm not feeling it enough to run out and buy some of it either, but I think they've got a good thing going there. I was interested and a bit charmed to learn it was a Danish group. I also think that "Mette" there has an entertaining voice. It's definitely a bit on the high side, sort of poppish, but also has a bluesy nature to it. I could see why Amy Winehouse would have seen the fit for them as an opening act for her. :thu: Thanks for the response.

• Members

I guess I'm going to be the sole dissenter here. I can't stand the song in the Heineken commercial. The woman's voice reminds me of Shirley Temple and I HATE Shirley Temple!

:lol:

Come on now Doc, that's not a fair comparison

We both know that Shirley Temple was a FAR better dancer and had those adorable apple cheeks.

:lol:

[video=youtube;NA0YlsKzekM]

• Members

I guess I'm going to be the sole dissenter here. I can't stand the song in the Heineken commercial. The woman's voice reminds me of Shirley Temple and I HATE Shirley Temple!

To be honest, I hate Shirley Temple too. Always have.

That said, this singer is, from all appearances, definitely not Shirley Temple.

• Members

To be honest, I hate Shirley Temple too. Always have.

That said, this singer is, from all appearances, definitely not Shirley Temple.

Yes, when you've seen Shirley Temple, then you know how truly depressed people were in the Great Depression.

Why else would you stand in line for that :lol:

but it was an era where a lot of folks wished if only they had the money or leisure to raise chubby kids.

af13a.jpg

Archived