Interesting (maybe) "The Dude" Jeff Bridges has an album coming out (+T Bone Burnett)

GAS Man

• Members

[video=youtube;rmiK6tPucjc]

I just thought it was "interesting". Not likely to run out an get it, but with T Bone Burnett being heavily involved in the production, you know there will be some good stuff in it.

A "Crazy Heart" inspiration.

I did like the movie and thought he pulled off a pretty good Waylon Jennings persona/sound, but I might have a bit of a hard time mentally blocking out the "acting" aspect. :idk: I mean, there are other Waylon Jennings albums out there I haven't bought yet. ;)

I guess this just begs the question of how long it will take for there to be a signature model Jeff Bridges guitar. :rolleyes: I mean we've got a K. Bacon and a K Sutherland. But he's playing a Gretsch and I don't think Gretsch is quite as kitchy as Gibson.

But anyway - don't mean to put a particularly negative spin on this, I'm just thinking out loud.

Cheers!

the-dude-3.jpg

• Members

Sorry already posted this once today, but it's like watching a car wreck, I can't seem to turn away. And it's relevant. Can't wait til I forget about this album for another 3 years, *sigh*

[video=youtube;D5B1HqumqcM]

• Members

Sorry already posted this once today, but it's like watching a car wreck, I can't seem to turn away. And it's relevant. Can't wait til I forget about this album for another 3 years, *sigh*

That is interesting. The voice is kinda neat, has a lot of depth to it, but it's overall very lackluster and flat. And yes, we would not have to listen to it were it not for her movie fame.

But I'm still a huge fan of her ass in the opening scene of Lost In Translation :D

[video=youtube;r3gbi-NgWBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3gbi-NgWBk&NR=1

This is something I just stumbled upon - a parody of her singing acumen

[video=youtube;O8LYwOzxByA]

• Members

hearing him talk about music, it has always been his main passion, like Johnny Depp. He is a long time friend of T-Bone and a lot of other music guys. He didn't talk about the album as if it was Crazy Heart sound track, rather his usual stuff.

Acting is a job much like any other job and actors have lives outside of acting.

Not too different from professional musicians, who also have lives away from music.

This may surprise us and make it hard to believe that the "other life" is real but there you go.

I will be interested to see how it turned out..

• Members

Yeah JB has always fancied himself as a singer, i remember watching a Michael Mcdonald concert, where he introduced his good friend Jeff Bridges on to the stage........

'WTF' was my initial thought, then he went on to sing...... mediocre at best, maybe not the best context to share the stage with a vocal powerhouse like Michael Mcdonald ;)

Archived