Unhappy NGD

JR13

• Members

I wonder if people who pay millions for a Strativarious quibble over fit and finish like folks around here do for a $750 guitar.

To the OP, I hope you get a real shiny pretty one that plays and sounds exactly the way that one did - not always easy to find though. People around here often like to trivialize the tone of an electric guitar, but for me, some just say play me, hold me and others just say stay away; I'll take the former regardless how homely they may be to the uninitiated.

Regarding Gibson QC, I think it beats Fender, course I see a guitar with my ears as much as my eyes. One thing that does annoy me about Gibson though is neck angle consistency. I've seen a few (usually cheaper models) with the TOM cranked to the hilt. This and tone are two reasons I prefer to try and buy a premium guitar in person.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if people who pay millions for a Strativarious quibble over fit and finish like folks around here do for a $750 guitar.

Why pay millions for a Stratavarious when you can get one of these for millions less: http://www.rondomusic.com/product3373.html

Sure the Stratavarious will probably sound and play better, but not millions better... :poke:

• Members

Sorry, but if I'm paying $ 1000 or more for a guitar I don't feel like I should have to much of anything to make it presentable or playable. Isn't that what you are paying FOR ? A good, presentable, playable guitar ? If you're not getting that what's the point in spending that much?

A very good point. A case in point, I bought a new Ibanez Artcore for under $270.00 a few years back, took it out of the box, tuned it and played it. It was perfect in fit, finish, playability and looks.

• Members

OK, I looked at your gear page...

DUDE! You have a lot of nice guitars!!!

:lol:
:thu:

Hey thanks for checking it out... Now just think, the Gibson Firebird II, 3 of my 4 Strats (the 79 Siennaburst I bought in person), 4 of my 5 Teles (the 86 Blue Floral I bought in person), The USA Jackson KE-2 Kelly and my BC Rich Bich all sight unseen... The Cobalt Blue Telecaster with the QMT and the Enforcer Humbuckers I didn't even have a picture, just a description, I have been one very lucky SOB... :)

• Members

I have two $$$$$ Gibbys, both purchased new in the last couple of years and both came with a variety of pretty significant quality issues - i.e. they shouldn't have even made it out the door in that condition if anyone was actually awake on the shipping line that day. But both got fixed (on my dime) and both are just outstanding players. That's what we look for in Gibbys - being outstanding players. It's just a shame that so much of the final QA happens at the customer's expense. We Gibby fan boys are a stupendously (stupidly?) forgiving lot.

Oddly enough, I also have a recent new Epiphone 56 deluxe reissue LP (MIC) and it was just completely flawless and only cost about 20% of what I paid for my LP Standard. I'm keeping them all, but there's no way I can pretend the "Real Gibson™" is good value. It gets its ass kicked by their own house brand :facepalm:

Bummer about yours.

Archived