Women In Music - Is it easier or harder?

• Members

A couple of years back a guy (in NYC, I believe) tried to sue a nightclub for discrimination that had "ladies night" drink prices. He lost.

It's technically illegal in the UK. I'm sure it happens anyway... though I haven't seen it done.

I'd be pretty pissed off by it.

• Moderators

It's technically illegal in the UK. I'm sure it happens anyway... though I haven't seen it done.

I'd be pretty pissed off by it.

You only say that cause you haven't been to a ladies night... :) Note: It's not a bad thing.

• Members

There are also less women interested in music - I can name about 24 serious male musicians I know and only about 4 serious female ones.

Not sure it's just an industry phenomenon. At some of the local open-mics I've attended, I've observed there tending to be fewer female participants than male ones, and I'm talking real open-mics at your corner cafe or coffee shop; not some music biz hot spot filled with career hopefuls. I don't really understand why. It's actually kind of a bummer. Maybe it's just the ones I happen to go to.

• Members

Hey philbo you should have sued him for discrimination, if you got the good lawyer you could be worth a fortune.
:lol:

Well, in all fairness, a large percentage of the patrons might be said to fall in the gay-female demographic, so I understand it even if I don't like it.

Archived